Eat!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I heard food helps with that...
  • OlySteve68
    OlySteve68 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    This diet/lifestyle change is a recent change for me. I went from super fit to out of shape and feeling like crap in about 4 years. I'm only a week into getting back to the old me. I was constantly hungry for the first 3 or 4 days but my body is quickly adapting. Not nearly as bad now.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Two words...Pro-tein
  • Hello_its_Dan
    Hello_its_Dan Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Higher volume, nutrient dense foods.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Three things.....

Moderate deficit. What does your daily intake look like? If you are trying to lose quickly, then calories will be low. Perhaps too low.

Keep in mind MFP's calorie goal for you was BEFORE exercise. So get moving (if you can) and earn some extra calories. Log your exercise. Most users eat back just a % ( say 50-75%) because calorie burns are estimates.

Foods with higher satiety - THREE words: Protein, fat, and fiber. It's actually a different combination for everyone. This takes time to master. Tweak your meals and figure out your combination. Then play with meal timing as well.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    starve\ˈstärv\
    : to suffer or die from lack of food : to suffer extreme hunger
    : to cause (a person or animal) to suffer or die because of lack of food

Maybe just say you're hungry...
    unless you live in a third world country.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Eat something, food really is good.

Type fiber rich foods, protein and perhaps adding in healthy fats to your diet.. the key is find the foods that prove you with satiety. You can also play around with meal timing as well.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    starve\ˈstärv\
    : to suffer or die from lack of food : to suffer extreme hunger
    : to cause (a person or animal) to suffer or die because of lack of food

Maybe just say you're hungry...
    unless you live in a third world country.

Hi fellow pedant! Nice to meet you!

Seriously OP - if you are hungry, eat, and revisit the composition of your meals (are you eating enough protein and fiber) and your calorie limit (are you eating too few calories) if this is a regular occurrence.
  • mikbook27
    mikbook27 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the problem of eating when not hungry to try and hit my calories for the day. I am only trying to manage 2000 to 2200 a day. And I am losing weight. But trying to eat cleaner. You can have a lot of somethings and get hardly any calories out of it. example: I love broccoli but it is very little calories. Yet 2 cups of it is a lot of food on your plate.