Desperately need accountability partner!

Options
Hello. I'm new to the boards but I really need an accountability partner and friend recommended that I post here. I'm a female in my mid 40s with kids and need to lose 15 lbs. Anyone interested? Tried it alone for the last year and that's clearly not working. ...

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• sophiaj203
    sophiaj203 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes I need one too! Fell free to add me! I'm an 18 year old female and I desperately need help with some people who can kick me in the butt if I start slipping!
  • sophiaj203
    sophiaj203 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    *feel
  • Phoenix0709
    Phoenix0709 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'll add you. Add me too please :)
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    You have to be able to rely on yourself- no one cares as much about your outcome or will be there for you 100% of the time except yourself. No one is perfect all the time of course and it does help to have friends on here with similar goals and that camaraderie is definitely helpful, but how will you react if your accountability partner starts slacking off? Will you use that as an excuse to become lax as well? What if they are doing great and you are struggling, will you feel jealous? Accountability partners can sometimes be helpful, but sometimes it's just an excuse to postpone getting serious about your goals and actions. Find your "why", make a plan, and then act accordingly. Yes do add friends on myfitnesspal for support, but also kick yourself into gear and make YOURSELF your BEST accountability partner.
  • lilacs510
    lilacs510 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! I am also new and could use some support and accountability friends!
  • maximax2016
    maximax2016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Add me and I will add you! Always good to have accountability!
  • Jamie7861
    Jamie7861 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I'm on my way to losing 100 pounds again :(
    Feel free anyone to add me
    I'm on daily
  • Twinkles9876
    Twinkles9876 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I also desperately need someone to keep me on track. I start out great and stick to healthy eating for a week or two, then something sets me off on a binge and I am back to start again. Help!
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    I also desperately need someone to keep me on track. I start out great and stick to healthy eating for a week or two, then something sets me off on a binge and I am back to start again. Help!

Remember 1 binge is not failing. It's just a slip up. But when you let 1 binge cause you to stop trying altogether, that is failing. Not the slip up itself, but your response to it. If your response to a bump in the road is to stop moving then you will never get anywhere. When you were learning to walk did you let one fall keep you from getting up and trying again? Nope! It's not about being perfect, it's about keeping at it. Weight loss is a long game.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I just found the perfect accountability partner for literally everyone, and you can meet them right now. Go look in a mirror. That is your accountability partner, your support, your willpower, your lover, and your best friend. That is the ONLY person will always be there for you your entire life. That is the only person you answer to and the only person who answers to you. You have to have self reliance. You can not rely on others. Support from others is "nice" and definitely a perk, but it all starts with you!
  • Becarolach
    Becarolach Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great advice. Realizing we will never be perfect is a Hugh thing. There will always be bumps in the road it is how we move on from them that adds up to success.
  • Torsten714
    Torsten714 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Anyone needing one feel free to let me know! I've put on about 4 pounds since the new year started. Not the right direction to go! I could use it as well.
  • matt2673
    matt2673 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You have to be able to rely on yourself- no one cares as much about your outcome or will be there for you 100% of the time except yourself. No one is perfect all the time of course and it does help to have friends on here with similar goals and that camaraderie is definitely helpful, but how will you react if your accountability partner starts slacking off? Will you use that as an excuse to become lax as well? What if they are doing great and you are struggling, will you feel jealous? Accountability partners can sometimes be helpful, but sometimes it's just an excuse to postpone getting serious about your goals and actions. Find your "why", make a plan, and then act accordingly. Yes do add friends on myfitnesspal for support, but also kick yourself into gear and make YOURSELF your BEST accountability partner.

I respectfully disagree and studies that show people as successful in long term weight management have not solely relied upon themselves. They've had assistance and have given assistance and encouragement.
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    I just found the perfect accountability partner for literally everyone, and you can meet them right now. Go look in a mirror. That is your accountability partner, your support, your willpower, your lover, and your best friend. That is the ONLY person will always be there for you your entire life. That is the only person you answer to and the only person who answers to you. You have to have self reliance. You can not rely on others. Support from others is "nice" and definitely a perk, but it all starts with you!

YES!
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    matt2673 wrote: »

I respectfully disagree and studies that show people as successful in long term weight management have not solely relied upon themselves. They've had assistance and have given assistance and encouragement.

Well I did say you SHOULD add friends on here and build a community of friends with similar goals- but I still think you have to be able to rely upon yourself first and foremost. Outside help is helpful, helping others even more so, but if you can't count on yourself how will you ever succeed? I think the majority of the population has no idea how to lose weight so having outside help makes them more statistically likely to have success- but if you are properly using myfitnesspal then you already have the "how" covered, and you just need your why to keep motivated, and consistency over time to see results.
  • yogiswimmer
    yogiswimmer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm new to the boards but I really need an accountability partner and friend recommended that I post here. I'm a female in my mid 40s with kids and need to lose 15 lbs. Anyone interested? Tried it alone for the last year and that's clearly not working. ...

Thanks in advance :)

Feel free to add me! I'm also trying to stay consistent with exercise. Having a couple of friends to encourage is certainly helpful
  • ProfDawnLee
    ProfDawnLee Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Add me everyone. I would love more accountability. Plus I have an open diary.
  • Sedu1906
    Sedu1906 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me. I can be a nag....in a good way.