Anyone on South Beach?

Options
Hi,

Is anyone currently on the South Beach diet? I am on Phase 1 - on day 6, so 6 days without sugar, carbs or booze!! Any UK participants? Interested to see how people have found it and the results so far.

Replies

• Toni5569
    Toni5569 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am on South Beach. I began it last March. Loved it as no weighing or measuring like other diets. Lost 44 lbs. Then went off in October as I went on a trip. Floundered after that due to the holidays. Gained back 10 lbs or so. Not bad considering that I floundered 3 month's or so. Started back on South Beach 2 weeks ago. Doing really well.
    Two things I'm doing differently than before ...... I will definitely add in carbs after the 2 week clean period. I'm always tempted to stay on the 1st phase as weight loss is quick. However....its truly not sustainable for the long term. I'm adding in the carbs mostly on the weekends. I seem to be able to manage easily during the week. And second.....I'm weighing & measuring ONLY to track portion size. What I love about South Beach is the fact that u don't weigh or measure. However...I have a problem with portion control. I tend to overeat even if I'm not hungry. So after phase 1 I weigh & measure just so that I can reach myself proper portion size. I've lost 9.5 lbs in 2 weeks. Feel great. Good luck & keep us posted.
  • JenSuperGirl
    JenSuperGirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I went on the scales after 3 days and I had lost 3lb which was encouraging. Probably just all the water and salt from cheistmas! I lost 1 stone 7lbs before that. On average now many calories are you tracking? Mine seem to only come to about 1000-1200 but I'm not hungry and I feel like I'm eating loads!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    There's a group of South Beach and other low glycemic eaters with some regular posters. If you looking for more support, head there!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/8279-south-beach-diet-and-low-glycemic-response-eating

FTR: if you're eating SB P1 you ARE eating carbs, since vegetables have carbs. SB P2 includes fruit and grains as well.
  • JenSuperGirl
    JenSuperGirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well yeah I realise that I just meant the bad ones ;)