Calories

Options
How do I register exactly how many Oz of food I ate. I ate 2.7oz of chicken can not figure out how to register that. seems I have to register what is on there.

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Percentages. Find a 4 oz portion on MFP, then log that you had.675 of that, since 2.7/4 = 67.5%
  • Bajalindalou
    Bajalindalou Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh my, I'll have to do that with everything? You've got to be kidding. I have been guessing on a lot of foods because I cannot figure this out. I am not losing any weight this way.
  • rosebarnalice
    Options
    I weigh everything in grams instead of ounces, and then try to find the USDA listing for the food since they are most often expressed in100-g servings. Makes the math easier since 67.5 grams is .675 of a 100-gram serving!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Usually the 4oz option will also have a 1 once option in the drop down. Pick that and enter 2.7 servings.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I weigh everything in grams instead of ounces, and then try to find the USDA listing for the food since they are most often expressed in100-g servings. Makes the math easier since 67.5 grams is .675 of a 100-gram serving!

This. Measuring in grams is also more accurate than doing so in ounces.
  • Bajalindalou
    Options
    Lost me. Tried to use this app before now I remember why I didn't. Thanks where is the USDA listing. I have to go to another site and then back?
  • rosebarnalice
    Options
    You could also find a 1oz portion on MFP and the log that you had 2.7 of them.

It's math in real life!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Usually if you find a 4oz serving you can just go in to the "serving size", select 1 oz, then you'd log 2.7. It takes 5 seconds.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Where it says 'x' servings of 'y', there's a dropdown option so you can change the value in y from 4oz, 100g, 1 cup (or whatever the default is) to something more manageable. I've changed most of mine to 1g so that I then enter the actual weight as that number of servings. So, the 150g of rice I just had (it's been a tough day) is 150 servings of 1g of easy-cook rice. Far easier than working out percentages!
  • Bajalindalou
    Options
    I think I got it. Thanks for your help. This makes it a bit easier...