If I lost 2lbs/week...

Options
I would hit my goal weight on Mothers Day 2018. That's neat, that's my new goal :) not to mention I joined HealthyWage so I better get on that.

Replies

• xlgman
    xlgman Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've been losing 1.5 pounds per week for the last 9 months. You can do it!
  • flutatious1
    flutatious1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm barely getting 1/week. How?????
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Please be aware that it is very difficult to maintain that rate of loss for that long. I lost 2/wk for the first 50 lbs, and it slowed down from there. The first 50 took about 6 mo. The second 50 about 8 months, the last 50 about a year.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Good luck! Please be aware that it is very difficult to maintain that rate of loss for that long. I lost 2/wk for the first 50 lbs, and it slowed down from there. The first 50 took about 6 mo. The second 50 about 8 months, the last 50 about a year.

^^this.

It will be harder as you get closer to your goal weight.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I'm barely getting 1/week. How?????

Because you are not obese? Based on your picture and profile, you do not have that much to lose so 1 lb a week is pretty damn good.
  • savvymommy13
    savvymommy13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My weight has been fluctuating wildly. I've been gaining and losing the same 2 pounds over the last month. I have started a new exercise routine so I'm hoping it's water weight and things will level out soon.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,119 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I lost 15 kg in my first 16 weeks, which is just slightly over 2 lbs/week. I was not obese, just a bit overweight. And I've kept the weight off. :)

If you're going to do that, you've really got to be determined, make a plan, and stick to it every single day.

I can give you a few more tips if you really are interested.