Intermittent fasting

Has anyone done this? Do you recommend it?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited February 2017
    I do it because it suits my schedule and how I like to eat - bigger meals, generally later at night. I also don't have a lot of time to eat during the day and I try not to eat quickly or on the run. Eating earlier in the day makes me feel hungry all day, so waiting until later works perfectly.
  • CM_15
    CM_15 Posts: 13 Member
    I do it daily it takes some time to get use to. At first it can be very frustrating you need to find a good eating window or eating period that you feel you can stick to. Like say. My eating window is from 12pm to my very last meal at 6pm. I am awake at 5am so I go 7 hrs before my very first meal if I feel hungry I'll usually have an apple or an orange something very light or I stick to black coffee no creamer or sugar. Seems to help with my hunger and cravings. You can start of by eating 4-5 hrs after you wake up it's usually recommended and then keep an 8 hr eating window so you can get in all of your meals and play around with the times and see what works best for you. I would suggest you check out kinobody on YouTube he talks all about intermittent fasting and how you can start. He helped me a lot.
  • dewdrop129
    dewdrop129 Posts: 19 Member
    I don't know about others. I've played around with different fasting ideas over the years. I am hypoglycemic though so I can't do it like some people can. lol One day a week, I would eat way way less. And I tried to eat mainly only small frequent portions of oatmeal, small amounts of fruit or fruit/veg smoothies. Oh, And lots of water. I haven't done it for a couple of years but am thinking about starting it again. I feel like it is good way to sort of give the body a break and a chance to flush out and detox a little bit. What I will not do, is any extreme forms, or long-term fasting like some do. But I found I felt better in general though when I did it on a regular basis.
  • dewdrop129
    dewdrop129 Posts: 19 Member
    And I have heard about juice fasting too. I've wanted to look into that.
  • PnC89
    PnC89 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm trying flexible dieting, just trying to count macros. So far so good.