Any nice low carb breakfast ideas?

LAYLAH17
LAYLAH17 Posts: 170 Member
edited September 30 in Food and Nutrition
Looking for something different other than yougurt, cereal, fruit or replacement bars. Any suggestions???

Replies

• erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    I love frying up 2 eggs with half a slice of turkey, onion, bell peppers, mushrooms and spinach, and maybe adding a tablespoon of hot salsa to it!

It's very satisfying -- keeps me feeling good and keeps hunger at bay for hours!
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    I've gotten onto egg beaters and add jalepeno peppers for spice! :happy:
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Eggs. Whole eggs (tons of vitamins & minerals) or whites (low cal). Add cheese and/or veggies and spices. Go to town.
  • 3kidsin3years
    3kidsin3years Posts: 116 Member
    I eat a couple of hard boiled eggs or an egg and a stick of cheese for breakfast. i usually add a glass of juice and/or a piece of fruit, also. Hope you find something you like! =)
  • Just echoing the other posters with the suggestion of eggs. I usually beat two or three for an omelette or on occasion have it scrambled with some lean unsmoked bacon. Hard boiled is great too, fills me up, but I'm not keen on the taste/texture :)
  • If you like it (I know a lot of people don't), cottage cheese. Have to watch out for the sodium though, so don't overdo it.

Sometimes I make a breakfast burrito - La Tortilla Factory low carb/high fiber wrap filled with scrambled eggs, cheese, and turkey bacon. Top with a bit of salsa. Very good! And way better for you than the ones they sell at McDonalds. :)
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Hard-boiled egg whites!! [:
  • _Rosie_
    _Rosie_ Posts: 16
    Breakfast tacos ~ `1/2 cup egg beaters, 2 tbs lowfat cheddar cheese, and salsa, topped on corn tortillas. I use "Mission" brand corn tortillas and it's 2 tortillas for 80 calories. They taste delish! Another favorite of mine is soaking 1/2 cup of rolled oats overnight in 1 cup of milk (lately I've used either "Silk Almond Cocount Vanilla Milk" or regular "Silk Almond Milk"). In the morning I add 1 tsp of vanilla and toss in a 1/2-1 cup of fresh berries~ sometimes I will add in 1 tsp of sliced almonds or ground flaxseed. I like mine cold, but it can be warmed up as well. It tastes awesome! :)
  • Sometimes I end up eating a can of tuna for breakfast but this probably won't appeal to everyone lol
  • cottage cheese mixed up with a sugar free jello cup! yum :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.