It all started on thanksgiving day!

Options
I have been gaining back the weight I lost and not feeling good about it sense thanksgiving.

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    start small with logging everything and get back in the habits you had before Thanksgiving - don't let one day derail your progress
  • jbeth30
    jbeth30 Posts: 42 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I have noticed the people that lose a ton of weight are the ones that never give up even if they had a bad day. They don't find excuses to continue to overconsume food. They take responsibility for what they ate knowing it may cause a gain and move on. So you learn from it and move on...but you can't allow a day to turn into weeks. Holidays are a part of life. We are going to have to learn to live with them even in maintenance.you can do this! Learn from this and realize it might happen from time to time...you might have complete off calorie days! What matters is progress over time. It's ok! Your going to do great...just hop back on the wagon..in a few days you will be so happy you did
  • kgmqt
    kgmqt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    In the past I have let one day or even one meal derail me. To jbeth30's point - don't worry about one meal, one day, or even a short stretch derail out. Get back to what you were doing when you were successful. Really focus on having one perfect day. When every I have a bad day I make sure the next day is perfect - diet, exercise, water, state of mind.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    If you are not committed to your weight loss right now, at least be committed to not gaining any more. Set your calories to maintenance and as @deannalfisher said, get back to logging faithfully if you haven't been. Perhaps hitting a goal, even if it's not a deficit, will give you the mental boost to get back on track.