Feeling Blue :(

Options
I'm just writing to vent rather seeking advise. I feel very blue today. I have lost 5 lbs since January and I'm very pleased. But I have had a really bad cold since Monday. I have been eating at maintenance (some days a little over) and I haven't been able to work out. I'm half way through the insanity programe. Work has been very stressful these past few weeks and I feel run down. I have just come home from work early because I feel just terrible. I know I just need to rest and get better. But I'm just really frustrated. I'm worried that I will gain weight and that I will lose my muscle tone I worked so hard to build. I know there are worse things that can happen in life, I just feel very fed up. :(

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Life happens. Get back to the deficit and exercise when you feel better. Just don't let it turn into an everyday is lazy day thing.
  • highlightshadow
    highlightshadow Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm betting that the 5lbs lost in Jan isn't the whole story.... i bet you've gained tone and are generally smaller because of the fitness.... that's not going to disappear .... focus on health first... try getting some more sleep, quit tv / tech an hour earlier than you're doing now

Maybe consider some meditation ... mindfulness ones i find are great for a busy and stressed head.... you don't have to be already in a quiet mind to start ... they're designed to help in the manic times...

I use an app called Sleepfulness (costs a few £/$) on my phone and i really enjoy them and can be used in loads of different situations.

You'll get through it ... lots of bugs around at the moment ... but get through it at maintenance and you'll be ready to get going again soon enough
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    My scale has become stuck after 6 months and I feel you. I am going to revamp a little and get a better scale (been using a mechanical ounces scale) and just get down to it. Last 10lbs. All we can do is keep on keeping on!
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Relax, drink a lot of water, take some vitamin c and keep close to your calorie allowance. Focus on getting better. You'll be back to working hard again in no time if you take it easy. What would you tell someone else? Sometimes we just need to listen to ourselves.
  • SadDolt
    SadDolt Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i feel ya *hugs*
  • lucyluvhandles
    lucyluvhandles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Take care of yourself first. Once you feel better get back on track with your food and working out.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Get some sleep.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I just got over a bad cold and I actually lost a bunch of weight. I also just got back into the gym after 2 weeks off and I haven't lost any strength!

Just rest and get better. Take a few days off work if you can. Let your body heal and then get back into your diet and fitness.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I've been sick for 5 weeks. Taking a flight with full sinuses seems to have been a recipe for disaster for me. I kept trying to get back to working out too soon and didn't do my lungs any favours. I normally eat in a 9 hour window, so having to take antibiotics with food during times I don't normally eat mixed up my appetite and I gained weight. Not to mention the fact that they didn't work.

Just as I hope you see that you're in good shape compared to me, I'm aware of others who have had bigger challenges than I have and didn't give up. Yes, it's frustrating losing some of the hard won progress we've made (I'm starting C25K at Day 1 again, and I'll have to drop my weight way down at the gym), but it's just a really irritating detour, our journey continues.

As others said already, get better first and then step back into it slowly.
  • Mad_Goose
    Mad_Goose Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I feel a bit better today and feeling more positive. Hopefully I will feel better by the end of the week.