New to this and could use some friends.

Options
Hi my name is Tanya, I'm 31 with 3 kids and looking to lose weight. I would love to meet some new people.

Replies

• Carlene958
    Options
    Hi Tanya,

My name is Carlene, I go by Okietippersnap. I am not really new here. I started here back about October 2010 but did not post very regular until last week due to health issues of my husband and then me. Anyway I've started back again. I too am looking for friends too. I am 53 and also have three grown children.
    I would very much like to be your friend. It is lonely when you are dieting by yourself.
    If you would like me to be your friend you can add me to your friends list.

Lots of luck!
    Carlene
  • LornaAnnKeith
    Options
    Hi Tanya, I'm Lorna and I just started today as advised by my Nurse Practitioner. I came home to CA from Taos, New Mexico a year and a half ago, very unhealthy and weighing 140 lbs, but quickly ballooned up to over 200 lbs by my last birthday Aug, 2010 and now on the verge of my 54th bday, I weigh 238. Not happy and kicking myself in the butt while suffering debilitating knee and back trouble which leaves me now always in pain.

So, I've started today logging all my meals and snack, and plan on trying to find a water aerobics class which will be easy on my joints. Eventually, when I start walking without pain, I will get my knee replaced and then be able to walk my dogs again down to the park.

As I said, I am almost 54 and have a beautiful son, daughter-in-law and grandson who live nearby. I am divorced, for 12 years and live with my Mom and am working toward transferring to UC Berkeley for the fall 2012 semester, my choice in major is European History with a minor in Asian History.

Hope that helps. I am going to try to balance restraint with the pleasure of eating good things and staying under 1200 cal while exercising so I can eat a little more and still lose weight. I am bad at restraint though, so I will be in a learning mode while attending school and second term German and Geology and Math this semester.

Lorna
  • SarahEvelina
    SarahEvelina Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Tanya,
    I'm new here too, it would be great to get to know you and support each other!
  • Melinda77w
    Melinda77w Posts: 96
    Options
    Hi everyone :happy:

My name is Mel, my friend recently put me on here. I'm a 33 yr old mother of one boy. I'm trying to set myself up with a weight loss system. Anyone that would like to pop in with any tips, or even to just say hello, please feel free to :-)
    Have a great day.
  • Shannon1023
    Shannon1023 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Tanya and welcome to MFP! I too am a stay at home mom of 3! :)