Ear buds?

Hey y'all - can you recommend a set of earbuds for me that won't fall out during a good workout/run? Preferably under $25. Thank you in advance!

Replies

• Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    taotronics... not for high impact workouts though, they are canalphones
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    I just got a wireless pair of Frogz for $24. They are super comfortable and there's no cord to get in the way.
  • I have ones that go inside my ears with a strap that goes over the tops of my ears. They stay in, I can't remember what brand they are but I got them at Walmart and they were $9
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Yurbuds are the best brand I've found for exercise. They never fall out, they're water resistant, and they're super comfortable.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited February 2017
    I've been using these for over a year, running 3-5 times a week. I get about 3-4 hours of music listening between charges.

SoundPEATS

They are comfortable and I don't have a problem with them staying in my ear, sound great, and easy to pair with my phone. Also water resistant/sweatproof. About $20 on Amazon Prime.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    I have skullcandy earphones. They sorta twist in and stay put like a dream and sound good. Most headphones bother my ears eventually but not these. Depending on where exactly my phone is when I'm running the cord will occasionally still irritate me/feel like its pulling a bit on my ears (still don't fall out though) so I use a hair clip to clip the wire to the neckline of my shirt. Doing this will help fix most none optimum earbuds until you find the right thing.

https://www.amazon.com/Skullcandy-The-Fix-White-Chrome/dp/B00BYVY5TQ/ref=sr_1_49?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1487018393&sr=1-49&keywords=skullcandy+earbuds
  • AJbandit88
    AJbandit88 Posts: 31 Member
    Skullcandy phones are awesome, but if you decide to spend more I would go with beats wireless that either wrap around your ear or a headset type. I have a set that wrap around my ear and have a cord behind your neck with a volume control and they are amazing. But they are a lot more expensive than skullcandy.
  • Daemel
    Daemel Posts: 9 Member
    I third the Skullcandy earbuds. I wrap the individual ear cords around my high ponytail before I work out and they stay put like a dream. My only complaint is that when wrapped like that, the on cord controls can get pressed by your head when doing things like sit-ups or bench press.
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    I love my Yurbuds. I run quite a bit and my head gets rather sweaty, but they stay in and sound great!
  • mattdhall
    mattdhall Posts: 85 Member
    I've been using these for a few months. I'm very happy with them!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M03GEFF/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Daemel wrote: »
    I third the Skullcandy earbuds. I wrap the individual ear cords around my high ponytail before I work out and they stay put like a dream. My only complaint is that when wrapped like that, the on cord controls can get pressed by your head when doing things like sit-ups or bench press.

@OP: note that the cheapest of the skullcandy earbuds are not great. Do your research on which ones to get. I realize that the ones I posted are $5 over your budget...whoops.

@Daemel: No idea why that made me LOL, but it did. Did it scare you/make you jump the first time the volume did something unexpected?
  • Daemel
    Daemel Posts: 9 Member
    @lilawolf luckily on the ones I have, it's just the pause/skip button. Nothing eardrum shattering, but kinda annoying to have the song pause and unpause while you're working out. Lol.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    I just got these ones. They fit my ear well and come with a selection of earpieces. They are only $13.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N9RUFD0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • descene
    descene Posts: 97 Member
    I've never had a problem with just a cheap pair of inner-ear earbuds (skullcandy in my case). They only come out if you yank them.
  • Thanks so much, y'all!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Thirding Yurbuds. I have tiny earholes and every single other pair fell out. Over head ones are just too sweaty. Yurbuds won, stay put completely.