Rewards after goals reached...

Options
Izable2011
Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
So I was just curious what everyones rewards were going to be when they reached their goals. Maybe you have already reached it and would like to share your reward. I'm going to buy myself a new wardrobe when I get halfway to my goal. I am so excited!

Replies

• TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I don't 'reward' myself. I don't think I should 'treat' myself for getting myself out of the mess I am responsible for putting my own self in, in the first place.

But I am not knocking anyone who does!! I am sure for some it could be a great motivational boost!
  • sauerkrautpolka
    sauerkrautpolka Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Definitely some tattoos (and cover-ups), if we can afford it. A couple of new dresses. A BATHING SUIT!
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    The only reward I've set for myself is for when I stop looking ridiculous on top of a bike I'll buy one to add variety to my exercise. I kinda set a goal weight for that and I need to loose just about 27lbs for that, so time to start looking soon! :)
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    A massage. A long, relaxing, luxurious massage. 5 more lbs to go :)
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    So I was just curious what everyones rewards were going to be when they reached their goals. Maybe you have already reached it and would like to share your reward. I'm going to buy myself a new wardrobe when I get halfway to my goal. I am so excited!

Whoa, a new wardrobe when you're halfway!? Do you mean... a literal wardrobe (the piece of furniture that holds clothes) or all new clothes?

I am doing my very best to hold off on buying new clothes until i hit my final goal. A few trips to the thrift store, I just hate the idea of buying a bunch of clothes I'll only wear for a couple months.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options

Whoa, a new wardrobe when you're halfway!? Do you mean... a literal wardrobe (the piece of furniture that holds clothes) or all new clothes?

I am doing my very best to hold off on buying new clothes until i hit my final goal. A few trips to the thrift store, I just hate the idea of buying a bunch of clothes I'll only wear for a couple months.

i agree. I bought a new pair of jeans awhile back that i loved and now they don"t fit. Good but bad. So i went to goodwill bought 2 pairs and thats it until i either get to my goal or plateau so bad i don"t think it will happen. :)
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    New clothing, and a long trip overseas to see some family ...maybe some spa time too!
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    expensive jeans.

i've been obsessing over a pair of rock and republic jeans but i told myself i'm not allowed to buy them until i can comfortably fit into a pair of size 6's (the size i was before i put on a bunch of weight).
  • AnathemaRose
    Options
    I'm going with a whole new set of clothes. It's been years since I got clothes and I stopped looking because of my weight, so I'm going to spoil myself when I reach my end goal! I also plan to get a dress online that I've been looking at for so long.
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    There are some nicer clothes that I tell myself I'll get when I get to my goal weight but, they're not really my "reward", they're just clothes that I need. I've thought about what I'd do to celebrate but, when I think about it, I've already been rewarded. I'm able to surf with my son. I can swim and play with my grandchildren for more than just a few minutes at a time. I'm not embarrassed to take my shirt off at the beach or pool and the list goes on. There are some hikes that I'd like to do that are not local for me so I think I'm going to take a road trip and do some hiking to celebrate.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    My first was a HRM, next is a better scale. Also on the list are personal training sessions, a spray tan, and new clothes.

It was really hard to set 'rewards' that weren't food-based, because I ALWAYS reward myself with food. Probably why I got here in the first place, really.
  • Success41
    Success41 Posts: 44
    Options
    When I lose 10% of my body weight 26 lbs. I'm going to reward myself with a ner HRM
  • AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm getting my first (tiny) tattoo at my half way goal and a pair of Louboutins for my big goal!
  • Mucky_Duck
    Mucky_Duck Posts: 73
    Options
    I'm going to get a facial. I rarely pamper myself or feel pretty so it is something I'm really looking forward to.
  • misschoy
    misschoy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    This is my reward to myself, a photo session!!!

http://www.shamelessphoto.com/index2.php#/gallery_sec1/
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I try to get a pedicure every month as a reward for hitting my work out goal. I pamper my feet because they have carried sooooo much and work very hard. When i lost 150 pounds i bought an ipod and my mom got me a gym membership. When I hit onederland I got a chaise lounge (sexy leopard) and two beautiful antique side tables with matching leopard candle holders and vintage picture frames.... In 19 more pounds i will have lost 250 pounds... I honestly don't know if i have any more to lose because of my excess skin and i'm not going crazy to reach it because i have a back injury and i am already happy with my body now. I think that if i actually ever do hit the 250 pound weight loss mark I will buy myself a dainty single diamond stone necklace. Because I have never had one and i think it would be beautiful :)
  • mcneesbit65
    Options
    When I lose the weight, I'm definitely going to get me a new wardrobe. Being able to buy a pair of jeans smaller than a size 16.... gosh I will be relishing that moment lol. Definitely buy myself a bikini and wear one for the first time. I want to take a road trip or vacation. But absolutely a new wardrobe. (:
  • azingale
    azingale Posts: 74
    Options
    I dearly wish I had the money to buy myself a reward, but things are very, very tight for me. This is my slow season for work, so I'm just barely squeaking by. Plus, someone broke into my car and stole stuff that won't get them anything on the street, but costs me a ton of money to fix or replace. But if I could reward myself any way I wanted, I'd get professional highlights in my hair. I did reward myself with a $3.99 bottle of Sun-In after the first 5 lbs to spritz in my hair before my long walks outdoors, and it's working. :) The other things I'd love would be to have more contact lenses (I wear daily disposables) and two pairs of fashionable eyeglasses - even cheap ones - so that I have more options. I generally only wear contacts for really special occasions, as glasses mostly work out better for me on super-long days, but I'd love to feel good enough about myself that a random Wednesday becomes a special occasion, and when I hit my goal weight (slightly below my weight when I quit smoking) I'll want random days to be special.
  • thehunger
    thehunger Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Facials and spa treatments upon reaching mini goals; a new wardrobe when reaching last of the mini goals; and a beach holiday when reaching final goal (or as close to it as I think looks good on me).
  • jujudot
    jujudot Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My goals are in my signature. I wasn't going to do them, but I need to keep myself motivated and positive! Loosing weight is HARD (eventhough I did let myself get to this point) and I figure my hard work shouldn't go unrewarded! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!