scale question! does this sound right?

Options
Before you all tell me off I know i shouldn't weigh everyday but these are my first ever scales and I'm exited lol.

Anyway I got them Monday and weighed in the eve and it said 165.4 then yesterday morning it was 164.4 and thismorning its 160.2 is it possible to lose weight that fast I never have before but I have never weighed myself before breakfast before as I used to have to go to shops.

So my question is do you think this is right and should I log it?

Replies

• mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I would choose 1 day a week to log your weight loss.
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Try it again tomorrow morning. If its the same then sure why not. Just pick a consistent time and pattern (after using the toilet for instance).
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    i weigh often but only log once a week
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday... the same thing happened to me last week. I lost like 3lbs over night! I logged it and I am still dropping =)
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Your weight can fluctuate daily which is why a lot of people don't weigh themselves every day.
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    I weigh everyday, but I am only going to log it in once a week. This will help allow for weight fluctuations!
  • cass89
    cass89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I am a former scale addict myself. I find that weighing myself everyday can be very discouraging because your fluids go up and down daily...and today you may lose 4lbs but tomorrow you may gain 2lbs back from fluid or something. so i try to make it once a week. but if i'm feeling cheeky and i weigh myself mid week too but dont record it
  • scoutmom49
    scoutmom49 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    your weight can vary throughout the day also so try to get on the scale at about the same time of day each time. I find that I actually weigh less in the middle of the day not first thing in the morning. My weight actually varies up to 3 or 4 lbs throughout the day. Maybe it depends on how much water you take in and so forth.

I also weigh in most days but i only log it once a week. What ever keeps you focused on your goal and works for you!
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I know I shouldn't, but I weigh myself every morning (log it once a week). It DOES fluctuate, but keeps me on track if it goes up more than it comes down. I did jump on last night just after my big workout, and the difference from then until this morning was just over a kilo (I lost this morning).

I always weigh less just after waking up than I do before I go to bed. I can see that it might get unhealthy to weigh so often, but it's motivation at the moment to keep going that I can see it staying steady or going down (rather than waiting a week to see it's gone up!). I don't get annoyed if it has gone up though - usually I realise it's because I didn't drink enough water the day before and that makes me more motivated to drink lots the next day.

I am going to have to store my scale somewhere else if I find that I'm getting hung up or p****ed off at the number more than once a week.
  • sasham100
    sasham100 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The large changes in your weight most likely are from your eating and "bathroom" habits. If you weigh yourself after dinner, you are going to weigh more, simply because all that food is sitting undigested in your stomach. I only weigh myself once a week, but some people have a lot of success with weighing every day. Just try to keep the time and routine consistent (like first thing in the morning, AFTER going to the bathroom but before eating or drinking anything) and don't get discouraged if your weight fluctuates. Salt can make you retain water, so if you have Chinese food for dinner, expect to be up the next day, even if you stuck by your calories.