Bad day, Binge day :-(

Options
Hello healthy friends.

I'm just here to say that I feel like a fat, overheated, emotional blob after binging today. Definitely was triggered by emotional eating today after a bad therapy session.

I'll be talking it out at therapy tomorrow but ouch, I feel like poo. :(

If anyone else has binged recently, hey there sistah (or brotha) I feel your feels. Going to *try* to eat in my normal deficit and drink plenty of water tomorrow.

Posting here for a little bit of talk relief and community support/accountability.

Thanks ❤

Replies

• priscillarajo
    priscillarajo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Try not to focus too much on it. Tomorrow's a new day! I go through the same thing and I know it's easier said then done but remember we all have our moments ❤️
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I had 7 cookies this afternoon. I now feel ill. It was a poor choice borne out of overtiredness and a bit of a crap day.
  • Wophie
    Wophie Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over it - tomorrow is another day to start a fresh. You are only human, even those with the most perfect body an diet mess up at times too.

If it's any consultation, after going over my calories Sunday, I had planned to be extra good yesterday. But I was making my fiance valentines cookies and ended up eating a load of the chocolate to go in them, and then eating some when they were cooked.

Happens to us all!
  • Ratherbeswimming73
    Ratherbeswimming73 Posts: 7 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    It happens to us all. Don't be too hard on yourself. One bad day isn't going to reverse all the good days you've had. If you can stand the taste, put a few teaspoons of bicarb soda into a cup of water and drink it while it is still fizzing. It will settle your tummy. Best of luck in getting back on track. You can do it! ;) ~HUGS~
  • Skipper111
    Skipper111 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I had this a couple of days ago. I know when I am doing that I will regret it after, but food always wins!

As the lovely people above have said, one say is not going to ruin your journey. I sometimes go on a binge for 3-4 days, that is damaging!

We are lucky to start afresh every day, and choose what to make of that new start.

You will be fine, take every day as it comes. You've got this!
  • dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Happened to me on Saturday and Sunday. On Sunday I ate 1200 kcal over my goal. I was good yesterday and I'm banking calories today for valentines dinner. Don't beat yourself, it happens and also don't be extra restricted on following days, it'll all even out in time!
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    moni_ralph wrote: »
    I had two pieces of chocolate cake today. Store-bought cake. Not even delicious! My mind wanted it. I feel like poo, too. There's half a cake left. Tomorrow I will remember the disappointing taste and focus on that. We live in a world full of ridiculous food and just have to realize that that's how it is, and our bodies are not garbage cans. We need to fill them with good things. We are worth more than trash, and all those high calorie treats are just so bad for you. I' m going to actually use my beautiful teapot, make some amazing herbal tea, and plan a nice "teatime". Something I can look forward to. Don't beat yourself up. Plan something lovely, and do it every day. ;-)

I'm sorry you had bad cake that would make me feel bad also. You can still have high calorie treats but if it doesn't taste good don't eat it.
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Skipper111 wrote: »
    I had this a couple of days ago. I know when I am doing that I will regret it after, but food always wins!

As the lovely people above have said, one say is not going to ruin your journey. I sometimes go on a binge for 3-4 days, that is damaging!

We are lucky to start afresh every day, and choose what to make of that new start.

You will be fine, take every day as it comes. You've got this!

This has been me but for more like 5 days now. I just can't seem to get it together. It started with a lunch last Thursday with my fiance and has sort of spiraled out of control. My weekends are typically not great, but I've never really had this much struggle during the week. I think I'm just tired emotionally, physically, and mentally right now. I don't want to give up, but the overwhelmed part of my brain is just like "*kitten* It!"
  • warm_fuzzy
    warm_fuzzy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Recovering binge eater here. Looking for new friends to support and be supported by. I would love to be your friend! Please add me? I keep an open and honest diary.