Hi. Some things about myself.

Options
My name is Cheyenne. Some call me Chey. I am 5'1" and currently 222 pounds. When I first made my attempt at losing weight about two years ago, I started at 221. I could never make it past 194.

Food is a real struggle for me. I almost always feel the need to have something savory or sweet and heavy in my mouth. I have a fixation on physical pleasure, which I get primarily through food and sometimes alcohol. The pleasure I get from food is the reason for my aversion to most vegetables and healthier foods.

I also deal with heavy cognitive dissonance regarding my weight and food intake. I don't know if I want to continue my efforts. I try to motivate myself with reasons for losing weight (mostly aesthetic reasons), but then food cravings and mental health issues hit me. Then I'm driven to eat. I read stories on Reddit about the consequences of obesity, but it's like I've become desensitized to those posts.

That's pretty much the simple version of my story. I would put more detail but I don't want to make this too long. I'm debating whether or not to cheat tomorrow. It's yet another Valentine's Day with no partner or sex.

Thanks for reading.

Replies

• Charliegreeniam
    Charliegreeniam Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yeah Valentines shmalitines what's that?
  • dlinace
    dlinace Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My advice is to make some very small goals, nothing major right off the bat. One small goal for one day, build some hope, slowly. Then add to it. These could be as simple as parking further from the store door or skipping one snack. Write them all down and read them at night. Build on them everyday. Healthy choices, small ones day after day. You will end up building a habitual healthy life. It's all about the small steps.