Only 5 days in..

Options
This is my fifth day and I just wanted to ask a question. Are the calories calculated for exercise correct? Sometimes they just seem high. I like that they come out high sometimes, but I don't want to be cheating myself either. I am new to all of this and perhaps, and very likely, i just didn't realize what a little bit of exercise can really put out. Also, just wanting to get my voice out there to gain a larger support system.

Replies

• Degator
    Degator Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I think they are a little high too, but I just go with their numbers on most things. I make up for it by not eating all my exercises calories back.
  • MrsRadder
    MrsRadder Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    There is a search option in the message boards.
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    they are high, my heart rate monitor usually shows I burn about 2/3 of what they say.
  • ilek
    ilek Posts: 2
    Options
    thank you. It's just nice to know I really am thinking straight. I'm going to watch a bit closer, but any other tips are still VERY welcome!
  • Annestoofat
    Options
    Yes, this confuses me too. I work out usually on the elliptical, which gives me a completely different calorie number burned than the one on here. I don't know if I can trust either one!