Chocolatey goodness

Options
2»

Replies

• yogagirlT
    yogagirlT Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I was trying to make a frosting without using all the butter and sugar and came up with this recipe:

2 tbsp real maple syrup
    1.5 tbsp raw dark cocoa
    1 tbsp of greek yogurt
    1 tbsp of tapioca flour
    1 tsp vanilla

About 170 calories for 1/4 cup but it is a chocolate explosion. You could put it on anything like you would Nutella or just eat it as is like a pudding. If you want it a little more liquid you could add water or half and half cream, a tsp at most. If you want it thicker you can add a bit more tapioca. I don't like artificial sweeteners but if you use them you could sub in some sugar free syrup :s and probably get it down to 100 calories or so. Best part is it takes minutes to make, is stable in the fridge for days and you can vary the sweetness to suit your individual taste just by changing up the quantity of syrup. I make it by putting the powder in a small bowl, whisk it together, but the rest in and whisk it up for a minute until it all blends together. Refrigerate. I'm going to try it for the first time on some Black Bean or Sweet Potato Brownies this weekend. It's already passed the kid test so I know it's good!

Thanks for this recipe. I am always experimenting with sweet treats minus oil, butter, etc. This sounds delish! I need to experiment with black bean brownies. Do you have a good recipe?
  • Speziface
    Speziface Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    yogagirlT wrote: »

Thanks for this recipe. I am always experimenting with sweet treats minus oil, butter, etc. This sounds delish! I need to experiment with black bean brownies. Do you have a good recipe?

Try this recipe. (Link is to YouTube.)
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    A square or two of dark chocolate
    Halo Top ice cream
    Chocolate chia pudding (I modified this recipe to fit my calorie goals: http://minimalistbaker.com/overnight-chocolate-chia-seed-pudding/)
    Microwave protein brownie (modified version of this recipe: http://thebigmansworld.com/2015/09/02/the-ultimate-1-minute-protein-brownie/)
    Chocolate peanut butter Clif Builder bars
    Chocolate peanut butter Kind bars
    Chocolate overnight oatmeal (based on this recipe: https://dashingdish.com/recipe/brownie-batter-overnight-protein-oatmeal/)
    Chocolate tea (like this one: http://shop.numitea.com/Chocolate-Mint/p/NUMIS-10501&c=NumiTeaStore@Teabag@Indulgent)

I literally eat chocolate every day.
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Ghirardelli sea salt soiree. One square is like 63 calories and super satisfying when I am craving chocolate. Either that or a Pure Protein chocolate deluxe bar.
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Or I stir Ovaltine into my oikos vanilla greek yogurt. And I have been known to drizzle melted chocolate chips over my popcorn.
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    yogagirlT wrote: »
    I had one, didn't make them for a while, got a new pc and lost the link. I did try sweet potato brownies a couple of weeks ago using this recipe as a base, although I made all kinds of substitutions. Turned out great though.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8aXPQdnwZw

• kristn31
    kristn31 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Freeze some banana chunks, melt a serving of dark chocolate and halfway dip the banana chunks in. Pop in the freezer for another 10-15 min. So good. I usually only need a couple to fix the sweet craving
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I see a PP mentioned Chocolate Covered Katie, and I wholeheartedly second that recommendation. I love the chocolate mug cake. It's extremely rich and with some vanilla Greek yogurt as a topping - YUM!!!
    Also, the chocolate pudding pie (made with tofu, which, I know, sounds absolutely revolting. I don't like tofu, but honestly it's HEAVEN).
    Her black bean brownies also scrumptious.
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I eat fat free cool whip with cocoa in it or chocolate calorie free flavor drops :)

I just tried something similar to this. Fat free cool whip with 3 TBSP of nutella (heat in the microwave for a few seconds so it mixes in better). Mix the cool whip and nutella together. Chill. Enjoy. Makes about six 1/2 cup servings for 120 calories.

My go to treat every day for staying within my calories is 1 dark chocolate Dove Promise caramel with sea salt. a piece is 38 calories.

• Treehugger_88
    Treehugger_88 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I also make a variation of chocolate oatmeal. I get my chocolate fix without too many calories and get some protein and fibre too to make me full.
    -1/3 cup oats
    -1/3 cup water
    -1 tbsp cocoa powder
    -1 tsp stevia
    -1 tsp natural peanut butter (optional, adds calories but also protein)
    -1 tsp cinnamon

I've also made sort of chocolate/blueberry mix. Mix defrosted blueberries with cocoa powder, I usually add some cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Sounds weird but the cayenne spice brings it all together for me.
  • FitBody3
    FitBody3 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I eat a small pack of Maltesers ! Only 185 calories
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    I've made these pumpkin brownies a few times now and they're tasty - I cut mine into 16 squares for just over 100 cals each. Great with my afternoon coffee! :)
  • jsmith723
    jsmith723 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    80 calorie 3 2 1 cake
    combine 1:1(1 box to 1 box; 1 cup to 1 cup) Angel food mix to any other kind of dry cake mix. Put 3 tablespoons cake mix and 2 tablespoons water in a large mug and microwave for 1 minute. Store left over mix in an air tight container. This is how i get a good chocolate fix!
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes with chocolate protein
    Protein pancakes, again use chocolate protein + banana + eggs.
    Protein bars
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Chocolate orange nakd bars are pretty handy I buy them in bulk online or from a friends health food shop. Basically just smooshed up fruit (dates,nuts) with a hint of cocoa and orange.