way too much sugar

Options
babyblake11
babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
look in todays food diary.
heaps of sugar but low calories. is this okay?

Replies

• mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    if your sugar is coming from healthy veggies and fruits you should be ok
  • lersie
    lersie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I find I usually gain weight if I go over my sugar limits every day regardless of whether or not it's "good" or "bad sugars (from fruit - good, or bad - from junk food). I try to only allow myself more sugar two days a week and that seems to work pretty well for me. You might be different though because everybody is. Try switching it up here and there so as to confuse and shock your system. I lose weight on the days that I do mix it up and do something different. What do you have to lose right except for more weight. :-) Just a suggestion.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    does it matter if its mostly fruit and veg?
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    does it matter if its mostly fruit and veg?
    I had the same question last week and everyone kept telling me if it is from veggies and fruits its ok.....Im mean dont go all crazy with it or anything..im going to research this.....ill let you know what I find out
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Sugar is sugar. If your fruit has high fiber content, it should be okay, but it's good to be aware of the GI of your fruits and veggies http://www.weightlossforall.com/glyemic-list-fruits-vegs.htm
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    Well the food plate ( yes its a plate now)...says :
    MyPlate is divided into sections of approximately 30 percent grains, 30 percent vegetables, 20 percent fruits and 20 percent protein, accompanied by a smaller circle representing dairy, such as a glass of low-fat/nonfat milk or a yogurt cup.

MyPlate is supplemented with additional recommendations, such as "Make half your plate fruits and vegetables," "Switch to 1% or skim milk," "Make at least half your grains whole," and "Vary your protein food choices."[7] The guidelines also recommend portion control while still enjoying food, as well as reductions in sodium and sugar intakes.[1
  • tashajayne2011
    Options
    I think your diary is a brilliant example of a good day eating well. Most of your sugars seem to come from natural things (like the egg)

I don't think you need to worry
  • chantell7
    chantell7 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    When your body burns cals the first thing it goes to is glucose (sugar), so the more sugar the more cal you need to burn off through workouts to start burning your stored fat. So by limiting you sugar natural or not it'll be beter for your weight loss
    =) hope this helps