Core de Force or Hammer & Chisel

Options
I am at the half way point of P90X3 and starting to look forward to what's next. I have it narrowly to Core de Force or Hammer and Chisel. I want something that works more at the muscle toning more than cardio as I also run a couple days a week. Anyone done both that can give insight?

Replies

• Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Well those programs couldn't be anymore drastically different. Core de Force is MMA based HIIT training and Hammer and Chisel is a structured resistance program. If you want muscle toning and development H&C is the correct answer of these two. H&C does have some cardio but nothing like CDF does. For the record I think Body Beast is still the best resistance program Beach Body offers.
  • hesfeld
    hesfeld Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above. CDF does have strength days but I felt they are more to just keep you from losing muscle over the program. The strength days are mainly push ups and core moves with cardio spikes. Body Beast has an excellent cardio routine that you do one day per week. I know you didn't ask about it, but I saw my lifting numbers go up exponentially throughout the program.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I will look at Body Beast too.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Hammer and Chisel or Body Beast would be good choices. CDF is mostly cardio/MMA with some body weight strength training.