Wednesday Mini Challenge

Options
Charger440
Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
Today's challenge is: Windshield Washer

Let's see if we can do 75 of them.
These look tough to me so lets take it easy and see what we can do.
This is a lower abdominal/oblique that was requested earlier in the week.
Post back on how many you do so I can set the goal more appropriatly next time we do these. If you can do more than 75 please do them this time and let me know.
Also, each side is considered one for counting purposes.

You have until midnight to get them done.
You can do them all at once or break them into smaller groups.
If you can't do them all then do what you can. The important thing is that you try to do them.
Make sure you stretch and have fun doing them.
Report back when you are done and let us know how you did.
You can log these challenges as "Calisthenics" I hear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omeqA3O4DUk
Link on how to do them.

Replies

• chicco57
    chicco57 Posts: 298
    Options
    I havn't done these before but I'm up for trying them and will do as many as I can!
  • catalame
    catalame Posts: 40
    Options
    If you want to make it harder, hold a barbell above your chest with arms at extension (although not locked) and straighten the legs.
  • scoutmom49
    scoutmom49 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    got it......I'm in!
  • leilaniessence
    Options
    I'd also like to try my hand at these! Will post back at the end of Wednesday to let you know how many I managed.
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    I'm gonna try! It looks like they will lead to very sore obliques!
  • cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    They look... horrible. But I'm going to try them anyway as my core muscles are really weak and I think I need to get some exercises like this in to strengthen them!
  • thenewkarisa
    thenewkarisa Posts: 207
    Options
    OMG I thought these windshield wiper challenges was to actually wash windshields.... yeah, that's right, I'm blonde!! but thanks, I'm going to at least try them :D
  • elmobabie84
    elmobabie84 Posts: 112
    Options
    ima try them and see how many i can do! will post back to let you know. =)
  • adamcf
    adamcf Posts: 126
    Options
    that looks sick. I'm in!.
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    OMG I thought these windshield wiper challenges was to actually wash windshields.... yeah, that's right, I'm blonde!! but thanks, I'm going to at least try them :D

ROFLMAO.......sorry but that was funny!
  • thenewkarisa
    Options
    IM GONNA DO IT!!! I thought it looked really hard but I just tried it and it popped my back and it feels so much better now :) even if I can't do 75, I'll let you know how many :)
  • thenewkarisa
    Options

Glad I made someone laugh! I just want to know - I saw 2 different versions - are you supposed to keep your legs straight or bend them? or do you just do it how it's more comfy?
  • sweet_cece
    Options
    easy peasy :) i'm in!!
  • catalame
    Options

Glad I made someone laugh! I just want to know - I saw 2 different versions - are you supposed to keep your legs straight or bend them? or do you just do it how it's more comfy?

Bent is the beginner variation. Make sure you keep your shoulders to the floor.

To increase difficulty if you find them easy, straighted legs.

To increase difficulty if that is easy, add barbell.

Then add more weight, etc...
  • kboatright
    kboatright Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Alright, I'm in! I'll see how many I can do!!
  • sarahlynnew
    Options
    I'm in. I'll give er a try!
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I love the leg, arm, abs rotation so far this week. Every body part gets time to recover.
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm in :) I really liked these last week!
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Im in! I like this idea and these look doable? Did someone really post to make these harder you can add weights. Good for you. I'm just hoping to do 75 of these bad boys!
  • catalame
    Options
    Im in! I like this idea and these look doable? Did someone really post to make these harder you can add weights. Good for you. I'm just hoping to do 75 of these bad boys!

Haha I did. If it's easy, mix it up lol

Done 30 of my 75...