Coming out of the shadows.

Options
Hi All,

I am a lurker coming out of the shadows. :smile:

: I have been seriously trying to lose weight since 2/2011. So far I am down a few pounds, and learning more and more every day how to lose weight sensibly and for good.

I just bought an elliptical and so long as I do not go over 35rpm or 5 mins then I am good to go to move on to my stamina resistance exercise bike, or ab glider. BUT! If I do over 35rpm's or longer than 5 minutes then I get these awful coughing jags afterwards. Not so on the bike or ab glider. Just the elliptical.

I gave up smoking quite some time ago, so I am not sure if that is related. Any advice, or is this just something I have to work through?

Replies

• dleeami
    dleeami Posts: 6
    Options
    Bump?
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Probably a good question for a Doctor. I used to have some congestion most of the time, but it quickly disappeared as I began eating healthy and exercising. It probably isn't anything serious, but be safe and have it checked out.
  • diverdi
    diverdi Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I would be thinking about exercise induced asthma with that history. See your doctor and maybe try an inhaler
  • dleeami
    dleeami Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. I will have to speak with Dr. about it soon. It just seems odd to me this is happening since it has not happened with any other type of exercise or strenuous activity. But then again some say the elliptical is quite a workout.