Bulimia/Depression Support Group

Options
Hey... i suffer with bulimia... and post traumatic stress disorder.. and depression... i've just been in hospital for 3 months for because of this... and just got fed up with life.. and was quite suicidal...

i want to turn a new leaf no though...

i have joined this site.. and hopefully, will lose weight healthily and steadily.. and not by making myself sick...

is anyone else out there going through a similar situation???

Replies

• niebla
    niebla Posts: 71
    Options
    Hello, I don't have bulimia, as I don't normally binge, I am more of a gracer (I eat small amounts too many times a day). I do think that I have a serius problem with my eating as I use food to get rid of anxiety.

I would like to recommend a really good therapy book called : Overcoming bulimia and binge eating:

Link: http://www.overcoming.co.uk/single.htm?ipg=5225

All the best sorting out your problem
    Veronica
  • JWGF01
    JWGF01 Posts: 59
    Options
    ok thankyou... =]

i will have a look at it..
  • SafariLara
    SafariLara Posts: 172
    Options
    I don't have bulimia, but I have disordered eating, and severe depression. I have also been known to be quite suicidal but with the help of my therapist i'm trying to push past that. Friend me :)
  • niebla
    niebla Posts: 71
    Options
    Oh, the link I gave you was of the course, not the book. Tha book is called "Bulimia Nervosa and Binge-eating: A Guide to Recovery "

It uses the techniques of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.

on amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Overcoming-Bulimia-Nervosa-Binge-Eating-Cooper/dp/1849010757/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_c
  • JWGF01
    JWGF01 Posts: 59
    Options
    yeah... im actually starting PSI (psycho social intervention) to help with my paranoia.. and CBT to help with the bulimia and self harm!!!

but yeah... ill see if my library can get the book for me... =]
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'll join you! I have bipolar disorder with major depression and an ED (anorexia/bulimia) although my ED has been hiding for a good while. I am currently in therapy - schema therapy - as well as trying to control the bipolar with diet and exercise. I am not keen to take meds, especially lithium.

I am lucky in that I wasn't hospitalised or I'd have no choice about the meds, but as long as I can keep out the hospital/not have suicide attempts/selfharm etc I can have a bit of control over that.

Please feel free to friend me!
  • anawms
    anawms Posts: 9
    Options
    Last year I was diagnosed with Bulimia, Schizoaffective Disorder, and SIB (Self Injurious Behavior). I am on here to try and get healthy and stop hating my body. If anyone needs support or someone to talk to feel free to friend me :) We can do this!