Anyone have Wedding success photos/stories?

Options
choktaw
choktaw Posts: 4 Member
edited February 2017 in Success Stories
Hiya all,

Does anyone have stories or before and afters in wedding outfits?

I picked up my wedding dress the other day to find i need to lose a dress size for it. Im on day 3 with 8 weeks to go! Going strong thus far and cannot wait to see before and afters in my wedding dress!

Replies

• Amandagogo17
    Amandagogo17 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck I have a wedding in July!!! Trying to get a little toned!
  • choktaw
    Options
    Fantastic!! Good luck!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I lost 25kgs in 8-9 months for my wedding. I was having my dress made- it was still calico 6 weeks before my wedding and we ended up completely redesigning it to suit my new shape
  • choktaw
    Options
    That is amazing! Wow!

Had you been on MFP before you knew about the wedding? I have, but it was a while back. Thought I would start fresh this time around to help me keep focused.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    edited February 2017
    Options
    choktaw wrote: »
    That is amazing! Wow!

Had you been on MFP before you knew about the wedding? I have, but it was a while back. Thought I would start fresh this time around to help me keep focused.

Nope - I'd tried a million diets but never stuck to anything, then finally found motivation to make something happen. I originally signed up for a 12 week program with a local coach, she provided training and meal plans. I stuck to my plans like glue, and continued working with her after the 12 weeks, until the wedding, then continued after as I decided to take my training to the next level to compete in bodybuilding :)

I've developed a lot since then (knowledge/education, understanding of nutrition and training etc) so use mfp - I think having a coach to be accountable to helped me a lot initially.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    MAH80T50 wrote: »
    14hdkm00423n.png

Our wedding day & our 10th wedding anniversary ... (UK) Size 30/32 down to (UK) Size 12/14 ... I wasn't interested in losing weight when I met my now hubby, but as time went by I decided to do something about it ... I've been maintaining my weight since November 2014, that was when I decided I liked my size & weight, so stopped trying to lose any more ... now my weight fluctuates around 72-74kg & I'm happy with that ... we're now heading towards our 12th anniversary & I might have to post another photo update
    Wow! What a great comparison.
  • ItsSlimpossible12
    ItsSlimpossible12 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I hope to have some soon! I get married in August. Down 17.4 lbs so far this year. SOOOOOOO many more lbs to go but I am extremely motivated for them to have to take my dress in several sizes! :smiley:

Good luck!
  • choktaw
    Options
    That's amazing Mah!

You are smashing it Alheise! I cannot weight to post my pics here too. Do you have your dress already?

I'm on day 6 now. Got a good base weight to work from now as I have lost the water weight (I wasn't drinking enough water before). Let's smash this in time for our weddings!
  • ItsSlimpossible12
    ItsSlimpossible12 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Well, I placed the order in December. You know how long it takes those wedding dresses to come in...hoping they have to take it in at least 3 sizes by the time I start my fittings in July!
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am getting married in September, and am looking to lose 20-25lbs by that time. My dress fit when I bought it, just hoping to lose a size or two. I've lost 8lbs so far, now struggling to get any more weight off.
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Great job KatyBell!!! That's how you DO IT!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!