Cravings!

Options
What do you do when you are craving a cinnabon -_-..sos!

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Work it into your calories.

Moderation, not deprivation.
  • amuslimahh
    amuslimahh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I eat it
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Figure out how to save up for it throughout the week. If you still want it by this weekend, eat it. The procrastination works wonders for me. Most of the time, I don't want it anymore, but if I do, it tastes even better. Gives you time to save up calories too.

It's easier to tell yourself "later" than "no".

ETA: is there any way that a lower cal option would do it for you? Cinnamon toast or some such? Wouldn't for me if I had a real solid craving, but depends on the person/craving.
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I try to put it off and think about it, or as other people mentioned, plan it in. I'm not sure how many calories are in a Cinnabon, but I'm planning on having a giant donut on Thursday since I have to bring donuts in for a snack at school (cause that's a thing even when you're a grad student) and I'm shaving a few extra calories off each day this week in anticipation (it's seriously going to be so glorious).
  • frannieshack
    frannieshack Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    You can make some cinnamon toast or oatmeal, just add it to something healthier. If you start making little changes you will see that over time your tastes will change. In your head you will want that and then when you actually eat it, it will taste too sweet to you. That has happened to me with several indulgences. Now, I don't even want them. Just make slow changes over time, it is a process.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    If I feel that I really really want something that I know I would not regularly eat I think about it for a while. I look up the caloric facts and after all that if I still want it, then I eat it and enjoy it.
  • sahalbur
    sahalbur Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I usually drink a glass of water and drink a protein shake. That always seems to work for me.

Depending on what you crave, there are recipes out there where you can make "healthy" brownies, cakes, cookies... you make them with protein, coconut flour, egg whites and stevia. They taste like the real thing, but less calories, no "bad" sugar... etc. I will eat these as a reward to myself.

If you absolutely can not stop thinking about it, I would suggest to just eat it. Eat half if you can or even a nibble. It's better to just eat it verses thinking about it and eating other "healthy" foods that end up adding up to more calories in the end than if you would just have eaten it to start out with. Example: you are craving potato chips, so you eat a handful of pretzels, but that doesn't satisfy the craving, so you eat a handful of almonds, that doesn't satisfy the craving, so you eat something else... etc. Those chips that had a calorie amount of 150 to 200 just became a 300 calorie desperate attempt to satisfy a craving.
  • cloverdaisy
    cloverdaisy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Drink water and think again! :wink:
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating the foods that caused cravings on a regular basis. Extremely uncomfortable in the short term but it's such a relief not to have to deal with that mess anymore.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I stopped eating the foods that caused cravings on a regular basis. Extremely uncomfortable in the short term but it's such a relief not to have to deal with that mess anymore.
    ........until you get to goal anyway.

I've done the elimination diet thing before.....always backfired for me. Maybe you will have better results.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I save my calories for a very good one from the local bakery instead and go there one morning for breakfast, then eat lightly the rest of the day.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

I've done the elimination diet thing before.....always backfired for me. Maybe you will have better results.

It's been five years I think I'm good, but it's a valid point. If you change strategies you'll want to make sure your new diet works just a well as the old.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

It's been five years I think I'm good, but it's a valid point. If you change strategies you'll want to make sure your new diet works just a well as the old.

Me too. I'm an abstainer instead of a moderator. I stay away from things that cause me to lose control. I add things that I love to eat and can do so in moderation. It works for me, and I don't feel deprived.

I will say that I am white knuckling it through Girl Scout cookie season. :D
  • Daniellev2
    Daniellev2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the great advice. I ate the cinnabon...best damn 800 calories in my life. 4 lbs down though :)