xercise4less any members ?

Options
exercise4less are soon opening a new gym in my home town

Does any one use exercise4less in Wakefield or Castleford ?

Any Reviews would be good

Thanks

Replies

• mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    sorry i use stayfit 24
  • hail87666
    hail87666 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I go to the one in Castleford - it's brilliant! If you know someone who goes there and get them to sign you up, it's £100 for the year including classes. Fabulous value for money!
  • timjai
    timjai Posts: 113
    Options
    £100 a year?! Bargain!

I pay over £40 a month (which also includes classes and swimming etc) although if I don't have an active month it's quite a lot of money to throw away!
  • hail87666
    Options
    Yep, best £100 I've ever spent. I go 4-7 days a week, sometimes twice a day depending on class schedule. I also see a personal trainer fortnightly. There are incentives if you sign up your friends (I just get 3 months free + 2 months flabelos). During the week the opening times are good and there's enough equipment to go around, I've never not been able to get on a treadmill even at peak times. Has a sauna and steamroom but unfortunately no swimming pool. And the other downside is weekend opening times (shuts at 5 on a saturday and 4 on a sunday - I like evening workouts). Can't complain though at that price
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    We have a family membership to our current gym, 2 adults + 1 child approx £130 a month :noway:

I'll miss the swimming pools but not that much

This is looking more and more tempting , thanks :happy:
  • hail87666
    Options
    Yeah, for the amount I save on membership (which was a one-off payment so no monthly direct debits) I'm quite happy to pay to visit other pools (I don't swim much). Not very many bells and whistles but does exactly as it says on the tin.
  • twiniemily
    twiniemily Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm a member of the one in Wakefield - Joined two weeks ago and have to say I've become a bit addicted. The class schedule is good, lots of machines however there always seems to be a few out of order, this is the only downside, but you can still always guarantee to get on one. The weights section is always really busy - generally of the kind of guys like that the shaved bulldog look. Good offers reg avail too on signing up.
  • 100lb
    100lb Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I currently use PureGym, but just joined the Leeds one. They seem to have same brand of equipment, Matrix machines, Livestrong cycles, as puregym do.
    Downside not 24hr opening, but upside do have car parking
  • NightGymmer
    Options
    Seems good at first, especially the price, however, beware the small print and the deceptiveness of the company!!

I was miss-sold a membership as I was told that a refund would be given if I were to move from the area. At the time of joining, I was about to move to Leeds, therefore thought a gym membership would be a good idea. I paid for a full year upfront.

However, around 20 days later I was called back to serve in Afghanistan, meaning I would not be living in Leeds, and not spending much time at all in the UK over the next few years, therefore, rendering my membership useless.

I contacted Xercise4Less explaining my situation, and requesting that a partial refund for the remaining months of the year that I would be in Afghanistan.

After emailing them on over 4 occasions, Xercise4Less took 3 weeks to reply to me.

The response I was given was that I was mistaken and did not hear the saleswoman in the gym tell me that a refund can only be given on payments made by direct debit and not annual payments.

I had already assured them, that I was definitely not mistaken, because the main selling point for me was the fact I could cancel my membership and receive a refund if I moved away, which was always a possibility with me serving in Afghanistan.

I was offered a free transfer of membership to a family member, worth £20.

I contacted Xercise4Less that day and 3 days later, yet again, I am being ignored!

Given the fact Xercise4Less is a large reputable company; I would not have expected such appalling treatment and to be miss-sold and given a misleading sales pitch.

I definitely would not recommend this gym to anyone – you pay for what you get, and unfortunately, cheap is cheap, in currency and in business practice.
  • gsxtpot
    Options
    XERCISE4LESS CASTLEFORD is turning into a XXXXhole machines and equipment is broken gym and shower area is dirty. Steam room stopped working so the answer was to close it, now sauna has been closed down, all down to penny pinching
    The gym membership is cheap for a reason, i wont be rejoining i would rather pay a bit more and train where it is safe and clean and more value for money
  • JackPaulHall
    Options
    I'm a member of the one in Leeds and it is really good, I signed up on a £9.99 deal and it has been well worth it. Throughout the year I stopped going for a couple of month but because it was such a low direct debit I didn't see the point in cancelling it, when I'd found the motivation again I started it going and now I'm really enjoying it and have been solidly for the last 6 months 3 times a week. I particular like the TRX and all the other functional training equipment in the fitness studio.

I also visited Castleford Xercise4Less the other day when coming home from work to see what it is like. It is a lot different to the one in Leeds, the one in Leeds is way bigger but from my visit Castleford gym was all running fine and I really enjoyed running on the treadmill overlooking the indoor ski slope- it certainly made my long distance jog go quicker.

From my experiences at both Xercise4Less I'd definitely recommend them as a gym, I think its a little harsh to tar them with 'you get what you pay for' brush, I think we've got to start getting behind budget gyms as these are the future if we are to get our society into a culturally fit one. Mini speech over haha.
  • Train4strength247
    Options
    Recently joined Xercise Castleford and after been there a few weeks realised I'd made a big mistake the gym is run down and really needs a good lick of paint and a good clean. In all my years of training I don't think I've ever trained at a gym that's this dirty and so badly maintained. I have sent email complains to the manager a couple of times but not had a response yet. Anyway after talking to a few mates about it it turns out that there is a few more problems other than poor maintenance and cleanliness. One of my mates was getting threatening text messages because he cancelled his membership saying that he would have people coming to his house for money, another person had a weights bench collapse on him, and also heard of someone that was told she could cancel at anytime but then found out a few months later that she was in a contract and that she couldn't cancel. Apparently this was all in her contract that she never received. I've never received a proper contract either and will not be renewing my contract with Castleford or another branch for that matter. Sorry for the rant guys but don't think it's right to be so undervalued as a customer especially for something which is so important to so many people. And a message for anyone from exercise that might be reading this: you can't put a price on good customer service
  • lattod
    lattod Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE

Gym is often dirty.

The worst bit is actually cancelling - it's almost impossible to do - but don't take my word for it - read all of these terrible reviews on TrustPilot - it wont take long to find them !

I wrote to them. Nothing. I cancelled the direct debit.

Then get a letter eventually - so I call the number 4 times - 10 minutes each time and nobody answers (If you check the reviews nobody EVER seems to answer!)

Started emailing them, they're purposefully evasive and kept telling me to phone the number that doesn't work !

Harlands is the company managing it - I guess they must make most of their money from debt collectors for people who are trying to get out of the contract despite it already being over or pay as you go !

Please don't join - you WILL get hit with some random admin fee.

• lattod
    lattod Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Here's the link - I mean to add it >> https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.xercise4less.co.uk