Do you think I'm doing it right???

Options
When I look at my goals I put the following:
Sedentary - I work in an office
Lose 1lb per week - 1330 cals given

I want to make sure I'm putting the right details in because on someone's description on here of lightly active I thought maybe that's what I should be, because I don't log any other exercise (ie cleaning, walking etc.) except my running calories burned. Anyway, I thought better to put sedentary because I do sit at a desk most of the day and thought it better to err on the side of caution. Is this right? It seems that you get a lot more calories if you put lightly active....

I've been on here since the end of April and have lost 21lbs, which is more than a pound a week but I've really been running a lot and thought I would have lost more. I've been having 1400 cals until now and been eating most of my exercise cals (although not necessarily on the same day, it's balanced out over the week).

What I really want to know is are the calories, 1330 about right for me to lose weight if I'm doing 4/5 runs per week and burning a total of approximately 3000 cals? My height is 5 7in and my weight is now 169. I started at 190 and am trying to get to 140 or just under.

Thanks for any advice.

Jox

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I also work in an office and put in sedetary.
    Cleaning and walking are things that are already factored in with "sedetary" and yuo don't have to worry about logging them, they're assumed to be parts of life.
    Sedetary doesn't mean comatose. :D
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Sedetary doesn't mean comatose. :D

[sic] Amen! I do see some people logging cleaning, but I personally don't. I'd rather get a tiny boost to my losses by not factoring it in.
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    oops it posted twice
  • neonpink
    neonpink Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    If I was you I would just continue what I'm doing because it sounds like your doing a great job!!

You mention that you thought you would lose more with all the running your doing, this won't necessarily be the case if your eating back your exercise calories (keep eating them btw it's the best way to do it in my opinion) you will just lose the 1lb that your calorie deficit causes, so your doing great to lose more than that anyway!!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    If I don't raise my HR I'm not counting calories burned. Cleaning my house does not raise my HR. Chopping would in the back yard does. Cutting my grass with my riding lawn mower does not raise my HR, pushing a lawn mower for an hr up a hill does. I'm with you.
  • AuntNiecey
    AuntNiecey Posts: 26
    Options
    Weight training