I wish they'd invent this drug

Options
candistyx
candistyx Posts: 547 Member
Combination adrenal alpha-2 receptor antagonist, adrenal beta-3 receptor agonist.

Alpha-2 receptors inhibit fat breakdown, but alpha-2 antagonists (ones which block alpha-2) make you feel crappy and anxious (although horny). Beta-3 receptors promote fat breakdown and also make you less anxious. If you could block the alpha-2 but ramp up the beta-3, you'd reverse the anxiety promoting effect of the alpha-2 while doubling the fat burning benefits.

Ah well, until that day guess I'll just have to lose weight the hard way ;)

Replies

• Mucky_Duck
    Mucky_Duck Posts: 73
    Options
    I think I'd settle for an anti-depressant that was guaranteed to work. Nice to dream though :)
  • candistyx
    Options
    I think I'd settle for an anti-depressant that was guaranteed to work. Nice to dream though :)
    I think the problem with anti-depressants is that depression is a very broad set of symptoms with a huge variety of causes.

Should be possible to fix the majority of them, if only we can figure out what they are...
  • clairethebear78
    clairethebear78 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I never thought I'd say this, but I'm finding hypnotherapy good for my depression. I went to them for weight loss hypno but the root of my over eating is depression. drug free soon i hope :)
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Don't get me started on anti depressants! Go to the Dr saying I need help, sticks me back on tablets. Great. Does is actually solve the problem though and deal with the depression? No, just masks it. Again!
  • Mucky_Duck
    Mucky_Duck Posts: 73
    Options
    Yup - the joys of our mysterious brain! I love the human brain... just wish mine wan't quite so dis-functional. A bit like the oh so curious metabolic system I suppose. No one is quite the same and we are still very far from understanding all it's actions.
  • millymoozie
    millymoozie Posts: 150
    Options
    lol a little technical for me ,,ok so the drug you would like would make you skinny( horny is an extra benefit -as long as you got someone to be horny with ) ,,but you'd be skinny & unhealthy ,,,, lets not forget exercise is to lose weight & be healthy ,,,,
    its the bad food we eat that makes us fat ,,but also messes up the insides ,,we need good healthy food for our bodies to be well so a quick fix drug take away the fat ,but leave you with the unhealthy lifestyle that youve allways had
    & if we didnt get the exercise & get fit then how could we handle the extra horniness ,we would want it but not be able to physicaly cope with it
    :flowerforyou:
  • candistyx
    Options
    lol a little technical for me ,,ok so the drug you would like would make you skinny( horny is an extra benefit -as long as you got someone to be horny with ) ,,but you'd be skinny & unhealthy ,,,, lets not forget exercise is to lose weight & be healthy ,,,,
    its the bad food we eat that makes us fat ,,but also messes up the insides ,,we need good healthy food for our bodies to be well so a quick fix drug take away the fat ,but leave you with the unhealthy lifestyle that youve allways had
    & if we didnt get the exercise & get fit then how could we handle the extra horniness ,we would want it but not be able to physicaly cope with it
    :flowerforyou:
    Well no, if you targeted things right, you'd be skinny and healthy. If drugs are bad its because the drugs we have are too blunt nowadays. If we had drugs to target the exact receptor, used them for the exact amount of time, we'd have a phenomenon and manically hubristic level of power and control over our bodies and minds! LOL the brave new world is here already, so we might as well improve on it :P

And that drug would be useless without exercise, but it would increase the amount of exercise that felt natural and easy because more liberated fat means more immediately available energy to the muscles so they're willing to move more.
    Don't get me started on anti depressants! Go to the Dr saying I need help, sticks me back on tablets. Great. Does is actually solve the problem though and deal with the depression? No, just masks it. Again!

If the problem wasn't a biochemical one then it's a mistake to see a doctor about it imo. You don't need a doctor for counseling (many counselors don't need a doctors referral), you don't need a doctor to sort your life out if its a ****ty situation making you depressed. Unless I wanted pills or surgery I wouldn't bother seeing a doctor because that's their remit...
  • millymoozie
    millymoozie Posts: 150
    Options
    lol well that told me ! someone has had the medical books out ,,, good post by the way ,,, so what would someone like me need to boost the brain to take in & understand what someone like you talks about ,,,, you go girl ,,you got a good brain on those young shoulders & obviously putting it to good use ,,,way out of my league lol ,,have a nice day x
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Lean and horny? Testosterone. You might not care for the side effects, though. :laugh:
  • candistyx
    Options
    Lean and horny? Testosterone. You might not care for the side effects, though. :laugh:
    :P
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    You may be interested in the ECA stack if you haven't heard of it already. http://www.netrition.com/eca-article.html