Do I belong here?

Options
Hi there, I'm not really sure if I belong here but I posted a post on the main threads and everyone was telling me I have disordered thinking, an eating disorder ect. Ect. It's kind of long to explain, my name is BringItOnL and if anyone would mind checking out the third thread on community, titled- fear of weighing- and give me their opinion I would appreciate it. Because now I'm all confused about this....if this is against the rules let me know, like I said trying to figure out if I belong here based on what everyone was saying that I do????

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I agree with Noel--I read your other thread. Some people were a bit blunt, but the consensus is right. If you're seeing a conselor bring up these concerns--what everyone is saying. Then eat more, at maintenance and look into a recomp. There's a great thread running by usmcrp "Recomposition: maintaining weight and losing fat". That might be your ticket.
  • FitnessGirl11mfp
    FitnessGirl11mfp Posts: 232 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    "I don't know what my promblem is....when I was 100 lb I weighed myself multiple times a day. Then when I started gaining weight when I weighed myself I got so devestated I gained weight I could not stand to do it anymore. I know what I weigh now because I finally let the dr's weigh me, and again was devestated to find I've gained 20lb. I have not been able to get on the scale since I started this. How do I overcome this fear???

Yes, I'm staying at about 800-900 calories ( but then I will have an off day of binging and then really afraid to weigh!!!) and I try to exercise 4x a week I'm gonna up on that though. The scale used to be my main motivation /progress check everyday, that's why it's so scary not to be able to now."

The bolded parts are concerning and I agree with the other posters on saying you have some disordered thinking. I think it would highly benefit you to talk to your therapist about this.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I also think there are some distinct red flags in your post. Your weighing behaviour seems excessive, I hesitate to use the word obsessive but it does come to mind. And eating 800-900 a day is overly restrictive and could lead to all sorts of issues due to malnutrition in the long run.

Please do take people's concerns seriously. Sometimes it takes an outsider to see that things that seem normal to you really aren't.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    The last comment you said you were eating 500-800 calories a day. That is scary low. Please seek help.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Deep breath, and just do you. You can't really count on the supportive strangers. 800-900 calories is definitely too low to be healthy, but everything else is just opinion. If you weigh yourself 20 times a day and freak out if you are over 110lbs, who cares? It's your life, you can live it the way you want. Do you. Do what makes YOU happy. Seriously the only issue is you need to eat just a pinch more. Not even much, just a pinch. I think minimum for a woman is around 1200.

Otherwise if you "belong" here or not, you belong anywhere you want to be. No one can tell you what to do but yourself. It's up to you to decide if you like the people here or not. I rarely post because I'm not fond of people's opinions, but the site its self is good, I use it for occasional calorie tracking and log my weight every morning.
  • snowflake954
    Options
    OP--We may be just internet strangers, but we do care. When everyone starts telling you to seek help, it's because they care. It happens quite frequently. We never hear back if people took the advice and are now better. I hope so. When you've been around awhile and seen alot of posts, the red flags stand out. If you seek therapy and they say you are just fine--what have you got to lose? If you don't, your health could suffer. I wish you the best of luck.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    BringItOnL wrote: »
    Thanks for the input everyone, I'm gonna try and stick around.

But are you going to get some help for your eating disorder?
  • wrennypen
    wrennypen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I suggest going to seena dietician who can help you understand the best eating habits for a healthy weight loss. I am goingnto see one soon as I have multiple illnesses that require healthy weight loss by me
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Do they take health insurance? I'm so frustrated, I've been eating about 900 calories a day -no weight loss! So last week or two i cut it to around 600-no weight loss! How do i know? My clothes are no looser and my body looks the same. When i weighed 100lbs for years i would only occasionally go lower than 500 calories a day. What am i going to have to do? Eat nothing to lose a fricken pound!!!

Stop trying to lose weight and get help for your eating disorder
  • snowflake954
    Options
    This^^^^^^^^^^^
  • HippityHoppity22
    Options
    This is the first time I've posted anything here but I wanted to say hi! Not sure how old you are but I know when I was younger (I am in my late 30s now) and wanted to lose weight I used to cut my calories to about 500 calories and the weight began to fall off - effective but not at all healthy! So that's been my go to approach but now my body won't have any of it! I never believed it and you probably won't either but seriously up your calories to at least 1200 and the weight will actually start to come off - well it did with me! Look at what you're eating though and have lots of fresh healthy foods - even some high in fat like peanut butter and oily fish - it won't make you fat I promise!! Nourishing your body properly with enough calories also means you won't binge. Make sure you enjoy your exercise too - I like fresh air and the outdoors so I started running - I am not very fast but I'm not competing, it's just for me! I am not really clued up on how the metabolism etc works but I was shocked to find eating more calories could result in weight loss but it did! Also - the scale - forget about it! Focus on being healthy for a month before weighing yourself and you'll find you care less what the scale says! In fact last summer I was in the smallest clothes size I'd worn for a long time but the scale was higher - i thought I'd care but I didn't because I was happy with how I looked and felt great! I've been ill and indulgent over the winter and need to shift about 10lbs now but I know 100% why it happened and how to get it off. I am back to 1200 calories again but yesterday was valentines and we had a nice dinner so I went a bit over and that's totally fine! I know it won't come off overnight but I also know it WILL come off. I hope this helps and please don't be discouraged - you look beautiful x
  • Jhenryesq88310
    Jhenryesq88310 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more than 800 calories, a lot more! Talk to a different doctor, sounds like you are anorexic. Get help dear.
  • lrgraves99
    lrgraves99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You need to seek medical help. Not only is that amount of calories very unhealthy there is something else happening if you are that diet restricted and not losing weight.
  • alexnkae2012
    alexnkae2012 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    When you restrict your calories too much, your body goes in to starvation mode because it isn't sure when it is going to get more nutrients. Your metabolism slows down tremendously and then you start to store fat. That is why you aren't seeing any weight loss the more you restrict your calories. And after workouts you should definitely make sure you are eating because your body needs the nutrients to rebuild and repair your body. Make sure to include protein, which helps to repair and build muscle, carbs to help restore your glycogen stores that you use as fuel during exercise, and healthy fats such as nuts or avocados. I've struggled with my weight my whole life but on the other end on the spectrum. And I can relate to totally obsessing over the scale and barely eating anything to try to make me lose even just a pound. But even being as over weight as I am, not eating didn't make my scale move after awhile either.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I thought this was a board for eating disorders

No, it's a board for people who want to be fit and healthy