Ketogenic diet

Options
natas0733
natas0733 Posts: 2 Member
Does anybody use this app to track macros for a keto diet? Does it count carbs accurately?

Replies

• Hipstermomof2_fitby40_2019
    Options
    Idk, just started today
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    tjiddy wrote: »
    Idk, just started today

That's a very descriptive user name.

Aww I think you scared her away :(
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    It counts everything accurately if it's entered into the database accurately. If you want it to count net carbs then your out of luck unless your using a desktop computer
  • Badger_Girl99
    Badger_Girl99 Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    You have to add fiber to your MFP food diary in order to keep track of net carbs. It won't do it for you automatically on here, unfortunately.
  • lucyluvalle
    lucyluvalle Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I find MVP is pretty accurate on carb % protein% and fat% . I e seen used this to keep my weight loss goal .. I've loss 55lbs it does happen overnight. It it works.. I stick to 5% carbs 75%fat healthy fats and 20% protein. It's worked for me ..
  • amcknight4
    amcknight4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I am just new to this and starting the Keto diet. Is there a way to set up MFP to match what I should be eating? I used a keto calculator based on my weight and the percentages are different the MFP. Just curious how to change this. Any help would be appreciated! TIA
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    amcknight4 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, I am just new to this and starting the Keto diet. Is there a way to set up MFP to match what I should be eating? I used a keto calculator based on my weight and the percentages are different the MFP. Just curious how to change this. Any help would be appreciated! TIA

Go to your home page, then click "Goals" - you can customize your macros there.

FYI everyone, you'll have more luck finding people eating a similar way on the main boards. There's a lot of discussion about keto in the Getting Started, General Diet and Weight Loss, and Food and Nutrition forums, and there's a couple of active LCHF/keto groups.
    Options
    Idk, just started today

Yeah, figured I'd be thorough lol
    Options
    Idk, just started today

Yeah, figured I'd be thorough lol