RANT, NEED TO VENT... GRR....

Options
RANT! In the last week this is what has been going on.
A 17yr old that we knew died in a motorcycle accident.
A friends mom wants me to network to help her son get a kidney or he will die.
I'm going with my friend with stage 4 cancer to hear her fate on Monday, today she goes to the hemotogist.
Yesterday my mother in law was at ER with chest pains.
My friend is moving back from Texas to Indy and her family ran out of gas and money.
My aunt yesterday has congestive heart failure and only 15% of of her heart is working.
Our dog is dying of cancer and isnt doing good...
No I'm not making this all up, wish I was.
Oh best part how I find out about my aunt is on friggin facebook from another aunt. Could my mom or sister call and tell me? Hell no.
UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know God only gives you what you can handle...but geesh. I am sad, numb, pissed, confused, scared for so many different reasons...
I just had to get this all off my chest so I can try to push on today with positive somehow. God be with all these families, but also God help me too. Thanks for listening, sorry to be such a downer, I just felt I could come here and talk to you guys..
How does a stress eater/emotional eater not eat during all this? When you are a stress eater you don't look for healthy things to eat, you go for the not good stuff...
Just a lot going on, and I want positive today like I usually am.

CHEERS TO A BETTER DAY! :drinker:

Replies

• thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through all that.

In terms of stress eating - don't keep your trigger foods around! If you always grab a bag of chips...don't own any chips. Let out your emotions through exercise instead.

Thoughts are with you! xx
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    have you tried a kick boxing class or something? Instead of turning to food, go take it out on the gym?
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,727 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear this for you and your dear ones. Please know that you are not alone, even when it feels that way. Try to take comfort in faith, friends and family. HUGS from cyberspace. :flowerforyou:
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I am so terribly sorry to hear all of that, and I thought I had a lot going on. Phew! When you want to eat, workout.... No, that might be too much. How about when you want to eat, just laugh. Out loud. It's contagious and healthy. It might lead to crying, but better than just eating for the heck of it, right???

I sincerely hope there is some bright light shed in your day today. :flowerforyou:
    RANT! In the last week this is what has been going on.
    A 17yr old that we knew died in a motorcycle accident.
    A friends mom wants me to network to help her son get a kidney or he will die.
    I'm going with my friend with stage 4 cancer to hear her fate on Monday, today she goes to the hemotogist.
    Yesterday my mother in law was at ER with chest pains.
    My friend is moving back from Texas to Indy and her family ran out of gas and money.
    My aunt yesterday has congestive heart failure and only 15% of of her heart is working.
    Our dog is dying of cancer and isnt doing good...
    No I'm not making this all up, wish I was.
    Oh best part how I find out about my aunt is on friggin facebook from another aunt. Could my mom or sister call and tell me? Hell no.
    UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know God only gives you what you can handle...but geesh. I am sad, numb, pissed, confused, scared for so many different reasons...
    I just had to get this all off my chest so I can try to push on today with positive somehow. God be with all these families, but also God help me too. Thanks for listening, sorry to be such a downer, I just felt I could come here and talk to you guys..
    How does a stress eater/emotional eater not eat during all this? When you are a stress eater you don't look for healthy things to eat, you go for the not good stuff...
    Just a lot going on, and I want positive today like I usually am.

CHEERS TO A BETTER DAY! :drinker:
  • beachbumdoug
    beachbumdoug Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh, very sorry to hear all that bad news..Hang in there, it will get better.
  • annehdavis
    annehdavis Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You already know what to do :) You came here. There will be good news in the future. Look for it. Sounds like you could get some frustration and anger out by doing some exercise. Faith helps too. You have a lot on your plate but remember you don't have to hold the worlds weight on your shoulders. Its to heavy of a load.
  • firedrgn2000
    Options
    Instead of eating...........go SHOPPING!!!!
  • bethany675
    bethany675 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    So you've said it out loud....Now, ask yourself WHAT CAN YOU CHANGE on that list?

Yes, all of the things are TERRIBLE and just 1 would be a lot for a person to handle, BUT what can you do about that stuff? If you are able to help or change it, then do so. If NOT????? TAKE CARE OF YOU.....THATS HOW YOU WILL HELP THEM. A healthy person can be strong for someone who needs it.

My mom has been fighting a rare form of brain cancer for over 10 years. I'm speaking from experience. Sending good thoughts your way. Have a BETTER day and rest of week.
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Oh goodne, when it rain it pours eh? I went through a similar downpour in my last year of highschool and ended up in therepy and on anti-depreents. Have faith and be strong, it won't last for ever and the sun will come out again eventually. I know stress eating is the way to deal with things like this normally, but it won't do you or anyone else any good. My advice... I don't know if you want to take it, but it's what got me through...excercise.

I ued to go and run/walk up the side of our hill (1:4 gradient so pretty darn steep and very high as it was just off the penines) until my sides hurt and I felt as though I'd explode, this usually took me across two towns. but I'd walk through the pain and come out the other side. It'd fade if I kept walking. I pictured my body as my life, when the pain hit that was where I was in life and I just had to keep walking and it'd go away. That reminded me that if I stuck with life, the pain would fade and just as my phyical pain faded and allowed the endorphines to come rushing in, the emotional pain would fade soon and let joy back in. Kept me fit too. Maybe something similar could help you? I don't know, everyone is different, but if you need someone to talk to, my inbox is always open.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear of all you are dealing with and for those who are going through the valley. But you are right, God will not give you more than He knows you can handle. He will give what you need to walk through this difficult time. Maybe you could just cry out to God, pouring out your heart to Him. He is longing to hear from you. He already knows what you are feeling (the good and the bad). It's not surprise to Him. Let God comfort you.

I'm praying for God's peace and comfort for you and your loved ones.
  • luvgreen25
    luvgreen25 Posts: 202
    Options
    Wow - that's a lot for one person. Keep your head up, things will get better. Take it one step at a time and one meal at a time. Try to fight the urge to stuff your emotions with food. If you have a lapse in judgement, don't beat yourself up about it - there's always the next meal to readjust. Good luck!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Girl...dang! That IS a lot.

As someone who has a very full plate right now, as well, I can offer you this:

TAKE CARE OF YOU FIRST....If you are down, you can't help anyone else. This means that you may have to take one hour a day out for you...retail therapy, a long walk in a favorite place, a workout (if that will help), coffee with a friend, a long soak in a bubble bath with a good book (my personal favorite).

After that, one day at a time, one meal at a time, try to make healthy choices, which can be hard when you stress eat (I get this, too, since I am a chronic stress eater).

Help where you can, offer support where you can, but remember that there are only so many hours in a day, so don't take on too much, as that can be terribly overwhelming.

Hang in there, sweetie!
  • lovinglife71
    lovinglife71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hey girl!!! I hate to hear all these aweful things are happening in your life. I would say I have been there, but I will be honest, I have never had that many things hit me at one time. I also am not a stress eater, I don't eat, anytime something happens in my life that really upset's me, I can't eat, but that is just about as bad health wise. The only thing I can tell you is to pray, it has really pulled me through some crisis in my life, that I didn't think I could make it through. I'm also with the suggestion on the kickboxing class, I take one at my gym and it feels so good to beat the S*** out of that bag, when I leave there, if I have had something that was bothering me, I feel so much better. Anyways luv you, here for you, if you want to rant in a private message, I'm all ears!! Hang in there, I know things will get better. Luv ya (huggs)!!!!!!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear of all you are dealing with and for those who are going through the valley. But you are right, God will not give you more than He knows you can handle. He will give what you need to walk through this difficult time. Maybe you could just cry out to God, pouring out your heart to Him. He is longing to hear from you. He already knows what you are feeling (the good and the bad). It's not surprise to Him. Let God comfort you.

I'm praying for God's peace and comfort for you and your loved ones.

praying in agreement. amen.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Amy, after getting to know you on here I have learned that you are a very strong woman.

Take care of yourself first, take time every day to get some sort of physical activity in. You need to get out and give your body the relief that it needs. Stress causes our bodies to store fat and have increased levels of various hormones. In the past when I was dealing with some sort of family crisis or stress I always made sure to take care of myself first. Because if I was not feeling my best and performing at my best I was useless to support those that I love. Eating well, working out, and making sure you get enough sleep makes 100% difference when going through a tough time. Trust me.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear that you are having to deal with all this but I do have some advise. I do have to tell you my story first. First of all, I am not a drinker or partier. Last friday a friend of mine called me and said wouldn't it be fun to go downtown in a cab like they do in the movies and grab a bite to eat. I was a little skeptical at first but it sounded fun and the more she talked about getting all dressed up the more fun it sounded so I went. We called a cab company and the cabbie was very nice. He gave us a business card for the cab company and wrote his phone number on it. When we were done we called the number and he said he would be there in 10 mins. Ten mins later another cabbie showed up from the same company. I leaned in the cab and said did AJ send you? He said yep sure did. So I got in. After he took off my friend said "Hey dont you need to know where we are going?" he said you are going wherever the F I want to take you. I will spare you the details of the things he said to us. His plan was to rape us. We begged him to let us out at several places he refused. When he slowed down at a light we jumped out. My friend was injured badly and we had to hide in the trees because he was looking for us. I called 911- The police came. Needless today say I did a LOT of emotional eating up until Monday when I said ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I decided that I was only hurting myself worse. On monday I put in my Ipod and put on some angry music and I ran and ran and ran and cried and cried and cried. This is the best therapy in the world and I highly recommend it. I am so so sorry about what you are going through and you do probably need to see a counselor.
    I do not understand why so much is hitting you at once either it is just too much. I do understand they say that God doesn't put to much on us than we can bare but sometimes it is hard to feel like we can make it through. Just keep your faith and keep your focus and channel your sorrow a differant way besides eating. It doesnt even have to be work out related you need to say to yourself - everytime I feel overwhelmed - I will do this _____ fill in the blank, watch a happy movie, read a book, write in a journal, listen to uplifting music ect. I am so sorry to hear about your family not telling you about your aunt that is just so messed up. I am praying for all your situations and I do feel sad for you.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hang in there sweetie ;)
    First things first....take care of you!
    I love the suggestions for kickboxing class or maybe boxing...?.....or yoga/stretching
    something to relieve some stress.
    If you are an eater...just make smarter choices (try anyway)
    when I first started feeling stressed over lifes problems I took on my walk/run intervals
    helps clear my head & calms me down in the process...find something that works for you
    I am praying that things will start slowing down & get better soon :)
    If ya need anything....I am message me.
    Stay strong......Better days are coming =)
    {{hugs}}
  • migieheard
    migieheard Posts: 10
    Options
    I will pray for you , your family & friends... hang in there sista, the rain will stop & the sun will peek thru the clouds! B-):flowerforyou:
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • ad_brunner
    Options
    That's a lot to be going through. Hang in there girl.