probiotics

Options
FairyMiss
FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
i have been having some 'issues' lately , that all i am going to say there.

been thinking about starting on some probiotics, and was looking for some recomendations

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I've been taking Phillips Colon Health (it was all I could find at my local drug store... yay small towns) and it actually seems to be working really well. I bought it because I was going to be on antibiotics and didn't want to mess up my stomach, and it's doing the trick. Make sure whatever kind you get has at least 3 different kinds of bacteria in it. You can also do yogurt, but I would recommend getting plain yogurt and adding fruit to it to avoid the added sugar. Too much refined sugar can mess up the works too.
  • firedrgn2000
    Options
    I use a chewable children's probiotic. Nature's Plus Animal Parade Acidophi Kids. I know it's silly, but they work REALLY well.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    can't eat enough yogurt to be affective , lactose issues would be trading one problem for another LOL
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    can't eat enough yogurt to be affective , lactose issues would be trading one problem for another LOL

You can get soy yogurt, but it's kind of pricey. Probably easier and less expensive just to take some capsules or powder then. :)
  • sometimes_blondie
    Options
    I'm taking Spring Valley Super Strength Probiotic and it works pretty well. It's available at Walmart.
  • Debi907
    Debi907 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Like the poster before me, I also take Spring Valley Probiotic Multi-Enzyme Digestive Formula. What a difference for me! I felt less bloated within a day or two. It was about $7-$10 at Walmart for 200 tablets. Good luck!