NEED HELP PLEASE

Options
Hi! My name is Dawn and I am the Coordinator of School Health Services for Robertson County in Tennessee. I am hosting a Biggest Loser Competition for all of our faculty and staff. I write a weekly newsletter with different tips each week. I also highlight a website each week as well. OF COURSE, I highlited MFP first and wrote up a GREAT spot for it. But now I am stuck. LOL I do not want to highlight another site like MFP because it is so great! I am just looking for anything that is weight loss centered. Thanks for any ideas you may have!!

Replies

• MrsCallas
    Options
    Hi! My name is Dawn and I am the Coordinator of School Health Services for Robertson County in Tennessee. I am hosting a Biggest Loser Competition for all of our faculty and staff. I write a weekly newsletter with different tips each week. I also highlight a website each week as well. OF COURSE, I highlited MFP first and wrote up a GREAT spot for it. But now I am stuck. LOL I do not want to highlight another site like MFP because it is so great! I am just looking for anything that is weight loss centered. Thanks for any ideas you may have!!
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Maybe a site that has cooking healthy? I'm always looking for recipes
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    there are a lot of great health magazines out there. highlight one of their websites. A healthy recipe site is a good idea to.
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    Most people don't know that they can print exercises from About.com
  • MrsCallas
    Options
    THOSE ARE GREAT!! Thank you so much!!! I knew I could count on you guys!
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Welcome, hopefully that'll help you for awhile, I know getting new ideas for ourselves is hard, but finding for others worse!:flowerforyou:
  • ruth369
    ruth369 Posts: 38
    Options
    www.sparkpeople.com is a great one as well, they have alot of info on there. Free exercise plans and videos, and a ton of different teams to join. I like hungrygirl.com too, they have great ideas for snacks and substitutes for higher calorie foods.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I like easy healthy recipes and I love the Kraft canada website. Most of the meals there are just a few steps. They have a whole area dedicated to healthy eating and even the unhealthy recipes can be made healthy with a few substitutions. Also, you can sign up for a subsription and they will send you free magazines with lots of great recipies. I love their easy sheppards pie recipe.

http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/simple-shepherds-pies-86594.aspx

You could highlight the fact that healthy eating doesn't have to be difficult and can actually be fun!

http://www.kraftcanada.com

Oh, no I don't work for Kraft :laugh:
  • wizabugga
    wizabugga Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    hungrygirl.com has some great information and healthy recipes. :flowerforyou:

123574.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Most people don't know that they can print exercises from About.com

That is true! I, for one, did not know that! I thought they only had recipes. Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    hungrygirl.com has some great information and healthy recipes. :flowerforyou:

123574.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I have to agree with this, I am totally fascinated with HG. I find myself wanting to go on marathon trips to find the healthy products they talk about:happy:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I love the recipe finder on Prevention.com...it's awesome...you can type in a keyword or search by a nutritional need (i.e. low calorie, cancer prevention, etc.)
  • MrsCallas
    Options
    These things are perfect! Thank you so much!! You have been such a help. I have had a couple of my contestant tell me how much they love this website and are glad i gave them the information. So if you see them around be good to them! I know you will!! :happy: :bigsmile: HAHA
  • jdickerson14
    Options
    I really like www.eatbetteramerica.com. It has a lot of recipes and a lot of tips for making your own recipes in a healthier way.