Frustrated!!

Options
So 4 months ago I found out I have a shattered seismoid. I went through the process to heal it blah, blah, blah. I don't think it's healed and am getting second opinion. Anyway, my frustration is that I can't find ANYTHING I can do exercise-wise other than basic crunches and while that's great for my abs you can't see them below the chub. I cannot do anything that puts pressure on my right foot, I'm not even supposed to stand for long periods of time. Even walking the dog and swimming laps aggravates it. I'm a runner and cardio freak at heart and I'm going stir crazy. My scale is creeping back up and I'm 5 pounds away from my original weight! I was supposed to be at my goal weight by now! Sorry venting...

Replies

• janbottorf
    janbottorf Posts: 12
    Options
    Swimming? Bah....definitely frustrating. Maybe some sort of chair aerobics...sounds crazy I know but if you can get every other part of you moving (except your right foot) and get your heart rate up, it could work?
  • hotwow
    hotwow Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I had 3 surgeries in 9 months on my foot - I know your frustration!! I worked with a trainer during that time and you would be surprised at the amount of exercises you can do while on your bottom half on the floor that requires no standing or pressure on your foot. I used a large ball and did many leg exercises with that. Do a little google search I am sure you will find LOTS of exercises!! Good Luck and it will all work out!!!
  • bethany675
    bethany675 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    JM has lots of Upper Body suggestions....or take things from the 30DS and just do them in a chair. It's not ideal but can get your heart rate up and uses arm strength and core.

Good Luck!