10 minute solution: Has anyone tried these?

Options
I've been looking at the 10 minute solution dvds and am thinking of trying one. Have any of you tried them? Like them, hate them?

Replies

• funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    My housemate has one - I personally didn't like the look of it but my friend enjoys it and she says it really kicks her butt!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Eh, they are VERY beginner.
  • akvreeland
    akvreeland Posts: 27
    Options
    I have done the 10 min trainer with Tony Horton (p90x). I really like them for when you dont have a ton of time but still want to get a workout in. I really like that you can stack them however you want to really customize your workout.
  • teanabean
    teanabean Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I love them. Also you can do a search for 10 minute workouts on youtube and see if you can find some you like on there.
  • SaLandrum
    SaLandrum Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I guess I have not seen them ....
    What are they all about ? Target Zone excercises?
  • diembroadhurst
    Options
    I have about 3 and they were really useful for me before I started at the gym, I would definately use them if for what ever reason I couldn't get to the gym. Amazon they are really cheap so its nice to have them on the shelf for when you need them
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    That they are for beginners won't bother me, I'll be pretty much a beginner (again) once I ready to exercise after my 6 week postpartum checkup.
    SaLandrum, if you type in "10 minute solution" into Amazon, it should show several dvds by this title, only they seem to be specialized. Like, there are some that are pilates, bootcamp, abs, etc.
  • bsed18
    bsed18 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have two of them - 1 for pilates and the other for hip hop dance or something.

Pilates - I have started using the pilates one as an add-on to other workouts. You can easily do a few of htem and get a complete workout, but each 10 minute workout in the pilates video is challenging. Believe it or not I have been doing the 30 Day Shred and finishing up with 10-mintues of pilates for some extra fun.

Hip Hop Dance - I don't use it very much because each 10-minute segment has a litte warm up and cool down. So, if you do two of them, you really are only getting about 15 minutes of cardio. They do keep you moving a bit, but I have just chosen to not use it much.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    YES i love them! i have like 7 of them! It's just a nice way to get in a 10 min workout or add them together for 30 mins toning or whatever! it's nice if you like to break up your workouts with your scheulde.
  • Keegansmum6
    Keegansmum6 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    If you have netflix their a bunch of free ones that can be instant streamed to your comp or if you have a xbox,ps3 or wii
  • pikabeck
    pikabeck Posts: 6
    Options
    I love them. I have the Belly Fat Buster one (I love the pilates segment) and the pure Pilates one. I really like the lady on them too. I have noticed a difference, and like what others have said, I use them as an add on after my Wii Zumba Fitness workout.

I also have the 'Dance' one (not done it yet), but we watched it the other day and couldn't stop laughing, so it could be fun - I'm going to give that a go tonight, but they are very good value for money if you but from Amazon.
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I've been looking at the 10 minute solution dvds and am thinking of trying one. Have any of you tried them? Like them, hate them?

i have the belly fat buster. it's awesome! first day i did the full 50 mins and second day i just did 1 of the segments and my belly was on fire!!! it is the most effective ab workout DVD i own. 50 mins of pure abs, can't get any better than that :))
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have the belly fat buster one too. I usually do 2 or 3 of the ten minute sections when I am too pushed for time to go to the gym, so usually do like a couple of a morning before work or 3 on an evening if I can't get to the gym. I like it and wouldn't say its particularly beginner either.
  • italianissima
    italianissima Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I love the 10 min pilates!

It's a great way to get you motivated when you don't feel like- all those moves make you feel like a million bucks after! Then you can get up and really hit it!

It's also a nice as a way to relax, but still get you moving for 10 min. If 10 min. is all you've got, I say go for it!

Good luck!
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have the belly fat buster one too. I usually do 2 or 3 of the ten minute sections when I am too pushed for time to go to the gym, so usually do like a couple of a morning before work or 3 on an evening if I can't get to the gym. I like it and wouldn't say its particularly beginner either.

no, i wouldn't say it's beginner either. my husband is a beginner and he was trying to do them with me one day. he couldn't get through the 1st segment. He's on the lean side as well so he's in pretty good shape (i guess not good enough to do the ab w/out :)) for those of you who think it's beginner level, than take it to the next step, do all 50mins one day, and then try to do 20-30 mins the next, you will def not think that anymore... just my 2 cents :))
  • abielz
    abielz Posts: 10
    Options
    My husband and I have been doing it for the past two days and we so far are really liking it. We combine two - three 10 minutes workouts in a row so we can get a full 30 minutes. However this is pretty intense.