Snack ideas

Options
I am new to this kind of thing so am looking for some help. I am the kind of person who likes to graze rather than having big meals, and wonder if anyone has any ideea on low fat/calorie snacks?

Any help greatly appreciate!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I love low fat popcorn, cut veggies with 1 tbls dressing. 2 graham crackers with Smuckers low sugar jelly, 1/2 cup grapes, 1 cup any kind of berries, 40 cal fudge pop, if I have the numbers 1 oz cheddar cheese and portion Wheat Thin crackers. Egg white omelet with cut veggies (peppers, onions, tomatoes) by itself or on low carb pita or low carb small tortilla. Yogurt.
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I love celery and salsa. One serving is only about 30 calories. Laughing cow cheese is one of my favorites at 35 calories a wedge. Fiber one chocolate bars at about 135 calories. Chobani yogurts around 130 to 160 calories. A serving of almonds around 170 calories. Special k cracker chips between 110 to 130 calories for 30 chips depending on flavor. I have a bunch of the 100 calorie snacks that you can buy at the store.

I hope this helps. Feel free to add me.

Jen
  • Nturro
    Nturro Posts: 2
    Options
    I love to snack on hummus with low fat pretzel crisps or even vegetables. I'll eat almost any fruit or vegetable available to me, and special k crackers are great when you are looking for something salty.
  • smrtcar
    smrtcar Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Keep veggie platter type stuff, pita and hummus, pickled eggs, cubed cheese, nuts, etc in the fridge. Log the portions when you eat so you can track them.
  • NanetteWarn
    NanetteWarn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I keep a jar of Blue Diamond almonds around for snacking. There are markings for a serving size on the side of the jar and they come in both sweet or salty flavors. A serving size is 28 nuts, I think, and that's usually more than enough to satisfy me for a nice snack.
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I've found a good tasty snack is to have some rice cakes with peanut butter. I got some Kallo (that's the make) low fat wholegrain rice cakes from Tesco and a jar of Tesco own smooth peanut butter. I find that a tablespoon is ideal for 2 rice cakes, but obviously that's down to personal preference. Each rice cakes is 29 calories and a tablespoon of that peanut butter is 92 calories. For 3 rice cakes the value for fat came up as 1g on MFP and 8g fat for a tablespoon of peanut butter which might seem quite high, but peanut butter is full of healthy fats so is good for you as long as you don't eat too much of it.

I also snack on fruits, and I just had quite a low calorie dessert that could also be used as a snack. 117g Del Monte pear halves in juice (about 1/2 can), 68g Asda fat free natural greek yoghurt with 12g Tesco value honey. Worked out at 60 calories for the pear halves, 39 calories for the yoghurt and 39 calories for the honey. And they all had values of 0 for fat.

Hope this helps :-)

Feel free to add me as a friend too.

x
  • inotnew
    inotnew Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    When I have my worst snacking times, I snack on raw vegetables, many of them. eventually it goes away. I try to have some peanut butter too. Then when I am eating meals I make sure it includes proteins and whole wheat items.
  • JoAnn17
    JoAnn17 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Papadums. They're about 30 calories each, take about 60 seconds in the microwave and they satisfy my crunchy/salty/savoury cravings.
  • smrtcar
    smrtcar Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Tru Dat! Papadums are super-mega-awesome!
  • Kerry1023
    Kerry1023 Posts: 152
    Options
    bump
  • tasman11
    tasman11 Posts: 79
    Options
    Organic Nutrition bars.