Day 1 and need some buddies and support!

Options
Hi, I am Gill and am on a six week 'school holiday' mission to get some weight off before a festival at the end of August. My plan is to get swimming each morning before work and count those calories! Any hints or tips would be appreciated and would be nice to have some buddies who can support or vice versa :)
:happy:

Replies

• JL3mom
    JL3mom Posts: 48
    Options
    Hi Gill! You can add me as a friend!!!
  • jacque1109
    jacque1109 Posts: 129
    Options
    You'll find a massive amount of support here on MFP.... my biggest piece of advice would be...

"don't sweat the petty, don't pet the sweaty"

If you fall off, just get back on- relish in your small accomplishments- and DON'T focus to much on the scale.

Good Luck!
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Make sure you are weighing/measuring food...I quickly realized that I am not a good eyeballer!
    Welcome:)
  • legmotor
    legmotor Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You'll find a massive amount of support here on MFP.... my biggest piece of advice would be...

"don't sweat the petty, don't pet the sweaty"

If you fall off, just get back on- relish in your small accomplishments- and DON'T focus to much on the scale.

Good Luck!

It is ok to pet the sweaty but perhaps a shower would be best first. = )

Tons of support. Feel free to add me if you wish. We all fall, but what counts is getting right back to it. Good luck and Welcome!
  • gunny34
    gunny34 Posts: 68
    Options
    Hello.. I'm Jen. I have been on here since Feb and I really love that this site has people on here that you can relate to and support is great.. ( I can use all the help I can get) There are great food receipes, advise and workout ideas that really work.. If you would like you can FRIEND me ..:)