Favorite protein powders?

Options
Looking for some recommendations on your favorite protein powders. I find they generally have a very unpleasant taste to them, especially in the vanilla flavors. I'm up between some of the Quest flavors (cookies and cream, strawberry, etc) and the FitMiss (even the vanilla chai sounds appealing thanks to the "chai" bit).

I have a GNC locally and a locally-owned supplement store and between the two carry a good variety of brands.

TIA :)

Replies

• jainlor
    jainlor Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    kaizen whey protein isolate - costco
  • JHamilton6
    JHamilton6 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I like GNC Amped in natural vanilla. There is a natural vanilla and one that isn't marked natural. The natural is much better. I mix it with blended frozen fruit so any funny taste is masked.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    The Pure Protein (Rich Chocolate) has been my favorite from the ones I've tried, especially with taste!
  • katiepaulag
    katiepaulag Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The Pure Protein (Rich Chocolate) has been my favorite from the ones I've tried, especially with taste!

This is one you can get at walmart yeah? I think I've had their vanilla but not the chocolate.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options

This is one you can get at walmart yeah? I think I've had their vanilla but not the chocolate.

Yes, and it's also on Amazon if you have Prime. :)
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Isopure Whey Isolate....Unflavored and mixes well with pretty much anything.
  • fallingwave
    fallingwave Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I love Fitmiss. I also like Body Armor (Choc PB! They have a ton of other flavors I want to try). If you like coffee Click Mocha.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    qn_cinnamoncrunch_canisterwithshadow.png

This tasted interesting & had some crunchiness to it.
  • ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Isopure - Dutch chocolate. 1g fat 3g carb 50g protein
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Quest Salted Caramel is my all-time favorite. Trutein Pumpkin Pie is probably my second (it makes amazing protein pancakes).

Check calorie counts on some of them. They can get ridiculous. I prefer the most protein "bang" for my calorie "buck."
  • faramelee
    faramelee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Precision Engineered Whey Protein in Strawberry is my go to...
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    If flavor is a factor, this gets my vote, hands down --

51WyOscwnOL.jpg

+

00856312002795.jpg
  • zephyrblack1
    zephyrblack1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Isopure Low Carb Dutch Chocolate 50g
  • priestp1
    priestp1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Nubreed Myoblast Cinnamon French Toast - I really like it. 3g of carbs (1.7g of sugars)
  • cloverdaisy
    cloverdaisy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Isopure Zero Carb Vanilla
  • cjuker1
    cjuker1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein Vanilla Cream,tastes the best of all the types I have tried
  • tink11464
    tink11464 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Love Quest and Trutein
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    At gnc I buy dymatize casein powder. Both the vanilla and chocolate are really good imo, but I'm partial to the chocolate.
  • mrswiggum
    mrswiggum Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I really like PMD Amplify XL from my GNC store in the "double chocolate explosion" flavor. It tastes pretty much like a chocolate shake. It's good on its own with water, and I also really like to mix it in with some plain oatmeal for my morning breakfast (add a banana for extra goodness).

It's 140 calories per scoop (I use half a scoop with one packet of oatmeal), 7g of carbs, 25g of protein (!), only 2g of sugar, and is just all around awesome.

http://www.gnc.com/PMD-Amplify-XL/product.jsp;jsessionid=g4bQYl1QlQDTvP6nDSVzb3r1tXQc2J7DP5vyLx1YYWlmZ1N7Z4tN!-1992705060?productId=63252566&flavourID=57464576t66h7ytdnets.jpg