College vegetarian :)

Options
nap7fd
nap7fd Posts: 16 Member
oh hey! I'm Natalie. I started using MFP last September on and off on my iPhone and then started again this summer consistently (though still on my iPhone) but now I figured I should use it online and introduce myself :)

I am a second year engineering student and I became a vegetarian abour 4 months ago with it a little on and off through the year. I also try to avoid dairy whenever possible. I am primarily a dancer though I just started running and would love to run a 5k (then 10k, then half marathon) I also do hot yoga for strength and flexibilty as well as evening walks with my mom. While I work a desk job now I will walk a lot more once I go back to school with my apartment farther away (I always prefer walking to the bus).

For my goals, i am 5' 2" and 124 lbs now. I started at 138ish and I would just like to see the scales drop below 120 before I go back to school (about 5 weeks). So feel free to check out my diary (I'm pretty sure it's open to the public). Thanks everyone :)

Replies

• jrich6
    jrich6 Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi there! Sounds like you'll have no problem meeting your goal! We're about the same height and weight and I've been an on again off again vegetarian/pescatarian too! Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • DarkenScorpio
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I was a vegetarian for 1 1/2 years before I lost so much of my protein levels that I had to go back to eating chicken. Haven't been able to find a sub for the chicken protein level yet. But always keeping my eyes open. I haven't had any red meat in I think this makes 4 years now. Possibly even more. Well good luck and if you want a cheer support don't hesitate to add me to your friends :smile: