Wii Exercises.....

Options
Anyone try EA Sports Active 2 or the Zumba workout for the Wii?!! I'm thinkin about getting one of these to add to my workout routine just wanting opinions as to what is better or works for you all!?!

Kepp me Posted!!!!!!

Replies

• NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba & I LOVE it!!! It's a blast!
  • Msvalsworld
    Msvalsworld Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have them both they are godd work outs
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I had EA SA 2. It was nice, but I hate to admit my upper thigh was too big for the leg piece so I would put it in my pocket and it wouldn't always work quite right. So it would keep saying keep squatting when I had been doing it and it wasn't counting it. It was a neat game, you can break a sweat with it.
  • RajwaJ
    RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have both and both are good. Zumba is a quick fun workout which I use for a quick burn. The EA Sports is more like circuit training and has a heart rate monitor so you can see how hard you are working and how many calories you are losing. I use that for building muscle and toning.
  • alansangel104
    Options
    I have EA sports for the PS3, but I think it is pretty much the same on any system, I LOVE EA SPORTS!! I actually setup 2 accounts just so I can do it everyday. I also have Zumba, its okay. But I like EA sports more because it tracks the calories you have burn. Hope this helps
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    oh and if you want my leg strap thingy and the band thingy I would be more than happy to send it to you, message me. Anything to help a fellow traveler on this journey.
  • holliehhobbie
    holliehhobbie Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Both my husband and myself use the EA Sports Active 2. It's great. It doesn't burn as many calories as running but it makes up for it with the toning. We like it so much we got the NFL training camp version!
    With the arm and leg band it seems to pick up your movements better and make you do the exercises correctly. And since the arm band measures your heart rate I feel like it tracks the amount of calories burned is accurate.
  • jennyj09
    jennyj09 Posts: 80
    Options
    Wow! Thanks everyone!! Now I just have to decide which one to get!! They both sound fun!!
  • changeisgood55
    Options
    Have you seen the new game, UFC Personal Trainer: The Ultimate Fitness System for the Wii? I haven't bought it yet but I'm tempted. It's mixed martial arts and various other exercises. It was developed by martial arts training experts. Check it out, you may be interested in that. I like EA Sports more than the Zumba.
  • jennyj09
    Options
    I haven't seen the UFC game...I bet that would be a heck of a work out tho!
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    EASA 2 is a great workout game! I love it!
  • nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I recently got the EA game instead of the Zumba game for the Kinect. I usually customise the work out, on average I burn around 200 calories in 30 minutes - I have measure it with my Polar FT60 HRM as well as the game supplied HRM and they are roughly the same. It is good fun and 30 minutes goes really quickly.
  • jennyj09
    Options
    Well I just purchased the EA Sports Active 2!!! Wish me luck!!! :)
  • changeisgood55
    Options
    Good luck! I think you made the right choice.