MFP Runner's CLub 1/29/09

Options
Good morning!
Did 6.5 miles this morning. Great day for running - about 63 degrees (Super Bowl weather!) Only down side is I did P90X legs work out for the first time yesterday and I can hardly walk today:laugh:

Replies

• runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Did 6.5 miles this morning. Great day for running - about 63 degrees (Super Bowl weather!) Only down side is I did P90X legs work out for the first time yesterday and I can hardly walk today:laugh:
  • jazpiri
    jazpiri Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    No running for me today. Spinning class this morning and strength training later.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Haha Runnerdad! (sorry, I shouldn't laugh! :laugh: ) Don't ya love Legs & Back? Great job w/ the run!

No run for me, I did Turbo Jam. :wink:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    It's crazy windy here so I'm driving to another town to run after class, yes its that windy! haha It pushes me over!

~Leash
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I did run this cold morning think it was like 19 degrees, so warmer than it has been. I ran 5 miles pretty fast pace for ice still on the ground too, could not believe the time it was when I got home. Guess all this coaching figure skating gets my feet use to the ice:laugh: I need new shoes though like yesterday so what are your favorite running shoes could use help I usually run in NIke but want a different brand Nike Are not enough for me....

Alisha
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I did run this cold morning think it was like 19 degrees, so warmer than it has been. I ran 5 miles pretty fast pace for ice still on the ground too, could not believe the time it was when I got home. Guess all this coaching figure skating gets my feet use to the ice:laugh: I need new shoes though like yesterday so what are your favorite running shoes could use help I usually run in NIke but want a different brand Nike Are not enough for me....

Alisha

I love asics. I have a really high arch and need alot of cushion and support. They are my favorites. Tried a new brand recently and they didn't work out.

No run for me until my foot heals. Saw the doctor today and he thinks it is tendinitos. Could still be a stress fracture. Too soon to tell. I have to cross train and he wants me to swim. I hate swimming!
    Oh well, this too shall pass!
    Bunny
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    5.5 for me today! I was tired, though. My legs didn't want to go!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I love asics. I have a really high arch and need alot of cushion and support. They are my favorites. Tried a new brand recently and they didn't work out.

No run for me until my foot heals. Saw the doctor today and he thinks it is tendinitos. Could still be a stress fracture. Too soon to tell. I have to cross train and he wants me to swim. I hate swimming!
    Oh well, this too shall pass!
    Bunny

Another Asics fan here too. I started in the GT-2110's, now have the GT-2140's. I find good deals on them at http://www.runningwarehouse.com or http://www.kellysrunningwarehouse.com Usually $5 or free shipping deals too!

Sorry about the foot. I thought maybe it might be tendonitis, that is what I had. It will pass, and swimming will help!! How about biking or the elliptical??

Jess
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I finally got to run a little yesterday. Only 1 mile. Boooo. But I had a pretty fast pace going. I did some yoga yesterday too to help with some upper back issues.

Today it's BEAUTIFUL outside. Cold, but sunny. Wish I could run. But I won't be home till about 1:00 a.m. :noway:
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Never tried the elliptical. How is it on the hips and knees? I have a gym membership that is going to waste so I might as well go and work out there until this heals.

Jess- what did you do to heal. How long did it take? :flowerforyou:
    Bunny
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Never tried the elliptical. How is it on the hips and knees? I have a gym membership that is going to waste so I might as well go and work out there until this heals.

Jess- what did you do to heal. How long did it take? :flowerforyou:
    Bunny

That is what I did when I was healing. Elliptical is very low impact but intense if you work it! You can use the arms or just the legs and raise the resistance for more intensity.

It took a good 6-8 weeks to heal and then I had to gradually get back into running again. Did the Dr. recommend taking anything for it?? They gave me a high dose of Aleve (Naproxen) when I had tendonitis. Let me know if you have any more questions about it!

Jess
  • mhsrnmz
    mhsrnmz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I ran 3.5 miles in the fog this morning. Better for that rain, or snow! :noway:
  • RunningSteph
    Options
    40 min tempo then 20 minutes of hills all on the tread. I like me some Asics too but recently I've developed a greater love for Mizuno's.
  • timechange
    Options
    I ran 4 miles today! :happy:
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    New to the board.
    Today is my off day. I got in 24 miles this week.