A new start.

Options
I've used MyFitnessPal off and on over the past few months but I've fallen off track and want to start over.

About this time last year I was fed up with the way I looked. I told myself I was going to change my eating habits and stick to it, I even started exercising. I would walk for as long as I could and gradually pick up the pace and extend the time length of the walk. I cut out soda and only drank water. The weight started to fall off, I lost 30 pounds in the first 4 months. I was ecstatic! Now almost a year later I've lost a total of 40lbs but I've plateaued. I'm needing some motivation to get started again. I'm still drinking only water and I'm eating kinda healthy but not the best. My exercise has went down to me walking to and from classes on campus and to and from the car at work. I've decided to hit the gym next month, which is something I've tried in the past and either 1) I couldn't afford it or 2) never went and canceled it.

So I'm wondering, what do you guys do to stay motivated ? Especially when you have a busy life.

Replies

• hsubharas
    hsubharas Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You have lost 40lbs so far. Congratulations. That is not and easy task. That should be motivation for starters. You are capable of losing weight and you are capable of so much more. You will realize that you are so much stronger than you think you are. You should "schedule" your gym time or your 'you' time on your calendar. That way it is there and you know that you have to do it. That is the only way I can get out of the office and get to my workout. I hope this helps. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. You can do it!!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight you have lost so far. Its hard to stay motivated. Sometimes you need to take a break and then start fresh. Sounds like you want to get back on track and you have a plan. Don't let it go too long. You don't want to gain back everything you have lost. I find if I stop exercising I just cut back on my eating.
  • vlwallace87
    vlwallace87 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I have been trying to watch what I'm eating since I'm not exercising that much but it gets tough. I feel like I can't think of a variety of healthy meals to eat and I get into a rut eating the same thing over and over. It gets old and then I want to devour everything. Lol.