Hi I'm new

Options
Hey guys I have just started with this app and really like being able to track my progress and macros. I'm 37 married with two children from Kentucky and had gained 40 pounds after a wreck I had 5 years ago. I just decided recently that I wanted to get back to where I used to be as far as weight and my active lifestyle outdoors and in the gym so here I am. Just thought it would be nice to talk with other like minded people that are motivated to getting healthier.

Replies

• TCkidd
    TCkidd Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good for you getting back on track
  • Honeybunny3
    Honeybunny3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • risberg96
    risberg96 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    That's great! I am also married- mom of four boys and I work. So hard to make time for me and the gym but I press on. We can do this!! Feel free to add me.
  • sarahills
    sarahills Posts: 23 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi I've been doing this since June and have lost 35 pounds. It happened at a time I should've been sat feeling sorry for myself and licking my wounds as I'd broken my knee and fractured my rib in a bike accident! However instead of staying home, I got myself a bus pass (couldn't drive my beloved Mini due to my broken knee) and a gym membership and just went for it. This helped my rehabilitation as the trainer at the gym devised me a workout incorporating all parts of the body (apart from my leg) e.g the arm bike instead of the X Trainer, doing the upper body exercises whilst sat on a chair etc. The whole experience gave me a real focus, made me get up and out in the morning! Good Luck with getting back into it, sure you'll do just brilliantly!
  • laceyslabaugh
    laceyslabaugh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 3 1/2 weeks in ... married with 3 kids (22, 18 & 2 1/2) and work full-time. Feel free to add me :)
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Welcome. 35 (almost 36) dad of 2. Lost 50+ lbs with this application.

My advice is set a lot of small goals no matter how meaningless they seem, be steadfast and don't let one mistake ruin anything, don't be shy about your goals talk about it so people keep you accountable.

Also write down goals and progress in some way so you can physically see how far you have gone.

I just recently started a blog to do this. www.averagejoefit.net
  • Fit_in_Folsom
    Fit_in_Folsom Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Feel free to add me as well.
  • sarraheclark
    sarraheclark Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to add new friends.
  • Triniti159
    Triniti159 Posts: 1 Member
    Options