Today is my first day

Options
Helloooo out there.. :-)
I decided to give this site a try and I love it already. I have been struggling with my weight for years. I remember being in 6th grade and joining Weight Watchers with my mother, just to give you an idea. Overweight kid. Still an overweight adult. I'm 30 years old, 5'7'' and I weigh 231 lbs. I've lost weight and gained it back...lost weight and gained it back...lost weight and....I'm sure you get the picture. I've never been able to maintain my weight losses. I'd go right back to eating any 'ole kinda of way. So now I'm starting over again but this time I want it to be different. In the past, I never thought about exercising and eating healthier for life. But I realize that was part of my problem. This has to be a lifestyle change, not just something I do to get into that dress I bought 2 sizes too small anyway! :-) I've got to eat healthier and exercise more for the rest of my life. So I hope you all will give me much-needed support as I begin this journey. It's comforting just to have people to share with. My fitness analysis says that I can lose 10 lbs by April 19th, a day before my 4th wedding anniversary. That would be a great start and a sweet gift!!!

Replies

• pagett1969
    pagett1969 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome You should do well with this site. I joined on 1-13-06 I weighed 232 pounds this AM I weighed 215. I am 5ft 7 in so I have a very good idea of what you are going though. Everyone here is very helpfull. Good Luck
  • tamnel
    tamnel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to tell you that this site "rocks" if you put your best into it. Everyone on here is so wonderful & seeing the postings of people that have lost weight in such a short time is great for your spirit. Good luck & hang in there. I noticed if I post a lot it keeps me really excited about this weight loss adventure. Someone posted the other day that this shouldn't be just a fad diet but a lifestyle change like you said & that really got my wheels spinning when I thought of all the things I want to see my kids accomplish & one day (hopefully) my grandkids.

Tam
  • Honeybunny3
    Honeybunny3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Holy... ~9 year zombie thread? This may be a new record.