low-carb foods for late night

Options
after i get back from the gym i want to have some food but i have heard from plenty of people to try to eat low-carbs or carb-free foods. besides veggies does anyone have suggestions? i don't feel like having to make something complicated, but i typically reach for cereal or sorbet before bed. please let me and others know...thanks and good luck with your journey!

Replies

• Maybaby
    Maybaby Posts: 18
    Options
    after i get back from the gym i want to have some food but i have heard from plenty of people to try to eat low-carbs or carb-free foods. besides veggies does anyone have suggestions? i don't feel like having to make something complicated, but i typically reach for cereal or sorbet before bed. please let me and others know...thanks and good luck with your journey!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    a good late night snack is cottage cheese...the cassein protein is a slow burner and may help you nod off...just watch out ...some of the popular brands add alot of sugar and added sugar is the enemy
  • Maybaby
    Maybaby Posts: 18
    Options
    oooh great advice-thank you!
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    try a big glass of milk. I go running in the mornings and when I come back in I feel famished, but if I eat something then I ussually end up having 2 breakfasts by the time I shower and get ready. So now when I come in I drink down a big glass of cold milk and I feel fine to get ready and can eat just one breakfast before I leave. Maybe this will help with your night time hunger issue.

If not, try a handful of nuts. They have good fats which your body needs and tons of protein. But be advised, if you go for the nuts I'd already have them devied into snack bags of 1/4 cup each. Along with being packed with nutrients and protein, nuts are packed with calories.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    My personal trainer told me - not to eat dairy after 12noon as - women digest dairy products differently than men and somehow are body stores it different - don't know how true but

I usually do a handful of Almonds or a hard boiled egg
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    My personal trainer told me - not to eat dairy after 12noon as - women digest dairy products differently than men and somehow are body stores it different - don't know how true but

I usually do a handful of Almonds or a hard boiled egg

I would ask your trainer where he heard that. I think that is total nonsense....but who knows...maybe your trainer is corret but I doubt it