UGGHHH gained a pound!

Options
I weighed myself this morning and I gained a pound. Not too upset since I have not being following my diet the last few days and I really haven’t been consistent with exercising. But disappointed because me weaknesses won again!! By the way my weaknesses are Chocolate, Candy and Chipotle! UGGHH it’s so hard to stay away completely.

I know I need to start to make small life changes that doesn't seem like I am depriving myself. Once I do eat something not “healthy” or on my diet I feel like the rest of the day and sometimes week is shot and I just say that "I will start again on Monday"... I do want to live a healthier and happier life and I know what I need to do. But my temptations are so strong and most times I end up giving in to them.

So starting again today (which is a little hard, since it’s not a Monday) I am working on staying focused and committed to my diet and exercise. So far this morning I started off to a good start, it’s usually lunch or after work that throws me off my game!! I hope writing this will help me to stay accountable. Any advice on weening myself off these things would be appreciated, as my current way of cutting things off cold turkey isn't working!! :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Have a great day everyone!

Replies

• dosesr4winners20
    Options
    I feel ya girlie! I slip up all the time. I'm human! lol. Why restart on monday? why not restart at the next meal? that's what i try to do. it helps and you will feel better at the end of the day knowing you did your best! <3 christina!
  • Lightjulesloves2run
    Lightjulesloves2run Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You are doing well...u are aware. I have gained and lost back and forth..and realized as long as I stay conscious of what is happening..I'm doing good! Keep ur chin up..have a great day!!!
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Just keep in mind... it takes doing something everyday for three monthes to make it a habit :-)
  • cavaaller_85
    cavaaller_85 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I think what's important to note here is that you have already begun to make positive changes in your life by recognizing that those things are a) not part of a healthy diet, and b) weaknesses for you. I mess up all the time, too! But getting back into the next day is what matters. If chocolate, candy, and Chipotle are your weaknesses (haha--me, too!), try doing this:

1) Ask yourself how many times per week/month/etc you think these things SHOULD be included in your diet. For me, I'll say Chipotle is fine once every two months, chocolate is OK two to three times per week, and candy is something special I save for a night at the movies.

2) Set "goals" for these foods. I just had Chipotle on Friday, so I will try not to eat it again until September. So maybe I could pick September 15 as my next Chipotle day. I have something to focus on now, and I'll be able to eat it guilt-free next time.

Do you think that could help you at all? You are so on the right track--keep up the good work! It takes time :o)

9094951.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lveguilla
    lveguilla Posts: 2
    Options
    Oh do I love Chipotle...I understand that temptation...believe u me...Not sure if u get a buritto bowl or a burrito...I love all the extra's ...guacomole...sour creme...cheese...beans ...meat... salsa...all of it...What I've done is gone lighter...instead of the full on Burrito..I've gone to the bowl and 1/2 the rice...1/2 the black beans...no sour creme...no guac...and extra salsa and lettuce...this equals far less calories...fat and carbs...but I still get to enjoy the yummy taste of Chipotle!!! Hope this helps!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Tdance5678
    Tdance5678 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Try to find things you like that fit into your plan. Maybe some Jello Chocolate pudding (at 100 calories). It's hard to deny yourself all the time, so it might be easier to find a way to fit your craving in. That way you feel satisfied with getting what you want but still sticking to your plan.
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm always giving in to temptation, I love chocolate so much! And I definitely slipped up on the weekend (pizza, chocolate AND ice cream), but I've still lost 1.2lbs so I wouldn't worry too much. It's good to have a treat otherwise we'd all go mad if we couldn't have the things we love (and also means we're more likely to binge if we cut our favourites out completely). Moderation is the key :smile:

If you are really worried though, maybe consider things which are lower calorie but still satisfy sweet cravings - like low calorie hot chocolate, things like that?

Also, take a look at this recipe: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/197187-double-chocolate-meringues-19-cals-per-cookie

Hope this helps :-) and feel free to add me
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    be proud of yourself. you have gotten yourself back on track after gaining one single pound. that's wonderful! a pound is nothing :) if you are getting yourself back on track after just a few days, then you are beginning to prefer a healthy lifestyle over an unhealthy lifestyle. and that is great!
  • msblueyes5
    msblueyes5 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I feel ya girlie! I slip up all the time. I'm human! lol. Why restart on monday? why not restart at the next meal? that's what i try to do. it helps and you will feel better at the end of the day knowing you did your best! <3 christina!
    Love this!
  • garrettnicole92
    Options
    People forget that your weight can fluctuate anywhere from less than 1lb to 3lbs a day. Don't worry about it! Just get back on track the next day (:
  • Kee315
    Kee315 Posts: 33
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great advice and support!!!