Foods I said "No!" to today!

Options

Replies

• rat70
    rat70 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    It is still school holidays here and my nearly 9 year old daughter is baking Gingernut cookies! Soooo far I have said no but that smell of baking cookies is driving me crazy!!! No calories to spare today because I haven't worked out!
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    It is still school holidays here and my nearly 9 year old daughter is baking Gingernut cookies! Soooo far I have said no but that smell of baking cookies is driving me crazy!!! No calories to spare today because I haven't worked out!

whoo!! That has GOT to be tempting...just snitch 1 or 2 cookies and save them for tomorrow! I think if you can work that off then it's okay :wink:
  • ccmulder5
    ccmulder5 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i said No to working in the office today.. (i work from home) they invited everyone into the office for a Taco Bar and Dessert Contest to celebrate the Big Boss's Birthday... i sent him a Happy Birthday email instead!!
  • elmobabie84
    elmobabie84 Posts: 112
    Options
    I said no to the 390 calorie per peice of chocolate creme cake that my father in law brought home!!! instead i opted for an 100 calorie klondike english toffee ice cream bar!!! :grumble: really wanted that cake especially when the hubby stood next to me just holding his piece of cake in my face! :noway:
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I said no to all food after dinner and dinner was early too. But I didn't say no to water. :drinker:
  • Luvlicious
    Luvlicious Posts: 15
    Options
    SUPER SUPER JOB EVEYONE!!!! I realized even though I've managed to almost empty my kitchen of not so good for you foods....there are still plenty of obstacle courses out there that we just have to really put our foot down and say "No!"

What I love that I read from your responds so far is that you guys found an alternate and better things to indulge on rather than just completely going without. Sometimes to me saying "No!" completely or to everything will seem like a punishment. What has been working out for me so far is when I want to indulge...it better be something I can burn out...that way at the end of the day it's a win win...I'm not over my calorie goal and I got to eat my Coldstone Founder's Favorite scrumptious yum! lol:laugh: :laugh:

Keep it going everyone! You all motivate me! Thank you!
  • fitspren
    fitspren Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I said no to a mango cheesecake!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I need to say NO more.... :(
  • vodkalady
    vodkalady Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I said NO to the dairy queen chocolate exstreme flurry ( sorry for spelling )...... Kids were mad but it will teach them that, thats a special treat once in a blue moon ......
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I'm saying no to the cake a coworker brought in for another coworker's birthday...but I DID say yes to a chocolate covered donut from the grocery store bakery this morning. And you know what? It was FABULOUS. :love:

ETA: There are SO many entries for "chocolate frosted cake donut" in the database! A bit hard to be accurate here, but I think I'll be okay. :wink:
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    I'm currently sitting in the student union at my school and smelling Wendy's fries. Oh they smell so good.

But I do not need them! Especially when I'm about to go to the rec.
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    I never say NO to any food. But yes to eat in moderation and yes to not overeating and yes to stop eating, when I start getting full.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I should have said no to that RockStar. It just looked so refreshing!
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! Jesus, bless the Skinny Cow Creators!!! If it wasn't for them I'd totally miss out on ice cream!!

I feel EXACTLY the same way. I save a few calories almost every day, so I can have one. It just would not feel like summer for me, without ice cream.

Michelle
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    That second bowl of cereal I DON'T need cuz I JUST finished the first. Haha
  • Nana_Anne
    Nana_Anne Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I say no to bacon bacon bacon....I'm really from the south. Mustard Greens with bacon, gravy is always made with bacon greese, what isn't made with bacon? I still have bacon but mustard greens just aren't the same. And just how do you made black eyed peas with ham hocks without ham hocks? ooooh I have to relearn this and noooooooooooooooturkey bacon is NOT bacon :)
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I say no to bacon bacon bacon....I'm really from the south. Mustard Greens with bacon, gravy is always made with bacon greese, what isn't made with bacon? I still have bacon but mustard greens just aren't the same. And just how do you made black eyed peas with ham hocks without ham hocks? ooooh I have to relearn this and noooooooooooooooturkey bacon is NOT bacon :)

I couldn't imagine a life without bacon.
  • ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    Options
    Homemade stromboli last night for DH's birthday. I said NO to having a 2nd piece. Crunched on carrots and celery instead and had a glass of red wine.

This morning I said NO to a half-bar of chocolate when the kids were stressing me out big-time. Instead, I finished DS1's leftover lunch (grilled ckn breast & green beans) and I'm reaching for Whey Protein & OJ before my workout.

Ultimately................I said NO to those foods, and I said NO to bigger thighs !!!!!
  • Luvlicious
    Luvlicious Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm saying no to the cake a coworker brought in for another coworker's birthday...but I DID say yes to a chocolate covered donut from the grocery store bakery this morning. And you know what? It was FABULOUS. :love:

ETA: There are SO many entries for "chocolate frosted cake donut" in the database! A bit hard to be accurate here, but I think I'll be okay. :wink:

Yum! Ones you burn it....it's like it never happened lol but the memory of the yumminess will linger :D
  • koukla702
    koukla702 Posts: 171
    Options
    So far I said NO to a breakfast burrito from Robertos ~ like 1000 cals in one single burrito :/