When did you stop feeling "fat"?

At what point in your weight loss journey did you stop feeling or thinking of yourself as fat (if you ever did). Do you ever wonder if other people still think of you as fat? When did your mental picture start to match what you saw in the mirror?

I ask because I'm struggling with this - I'm firmly in the middle of my BMI suggested weight range (22 y/o, 5'11'' woman, 165 pounds) but I still feel big. I'm tall, so I've always felt big I guess. A month ago, I looked in the mirror and thought I looked thin for the first time, but the last couple of days I've looked in the mirror and felt like my thighs look big, and my stomach isn't as flat as it looked then. I haven't gained any weight - I started running a few weeks ago, but I doubt I'm bulking up.

Anyway, just looking for some similar experiences or some advice or something. Thanks!

Replies

• Pamela_43
    Pamela_43 Posts: 315 Member
    When I first lost the weight (100 lbs) I thought omg I'm THIN!!! Now I look and think ugh I need to lose this or that. I think the more use to my new normal I get...the more I pick myself apart.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Some days I love the way I look and others I still feel very fat. I don't think it will ever fully go away.