Kinect games.

Options
I'm quite literally in love with my Kinect right now.
Dance Central specifically.

I was wondering if there are any other lovers of the Kinect games as a form of exercise? I've found that they're really helpful because you're jogging on the spot, jumping around etc.

Replies

• jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    i feel like a kid, i told my husband i want a kinect for Christmas lol We have a Playstation and Wii and I just got Just Dance 2 , for the Wii and I love it !!! I really want the kinect for hands free play ,plus my son would love it too
  • Grimlock1030
    Options
    Hey Toxic, I have Fitness Evolved and biggest loser for the kinect. They just came out with a MMA game as well ( mixed martial Arts). Your right, dance central is fun.
  • aroman619
    aroman619 Posts: 4
    Options
    I love my Kinect. When I am not in the mood to exercise but know I need to do something I just throw on one of my games and burn some calories while having fun. I love Dance Central and Fighters Uncaged. Your shape fitness evolved can really kick your butt. I haven't tried the Zumba game yet but I want too and I alos want to try the new UFC personal trainer :-)
  • becky611
    becky611 Posts: 77
    Options
    I don't have the Dance Central game but I do have the Zumba game and I really love it. I do it almost every night as just something extra and fun for me!!
  • kportelli70
    Options
    I love my Kinect! I'm amazed at how much of a sweat I break while playing the games. Lol
  • prtykekedd
    prtykekedd Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have the Your Shape Fitness, Zumba, and Dance Central. I am considering the MMA and Biggest Loser but I've read lots of mixed reviews about them. What are you guys take on them? I tend to get bored with the gym so the Kinect is a great alternative and a quick morning workout without the commute. Happy Kinecting!!! :wink:
  • prtykekedd
    prtykekedd Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Fighters Uncaged? Hadn't heard about this one is it similar to the MMA game?
  • prettytoxic
    prettytoxic Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Ahh I have the fighters uncaged one but it's my boyfriend's so I've not actually played it yet.
    Might have a go later lol.

I'm quite tempted by the zumba one, I figured that seeing as I love Dance Central maybe I'd like that too. It's being able to scrpae together my pennies for it though.
  • aroman619
    aroman619 Posts: 4
    Options
    Fighter's uncaged is pretty much what you would think from the name, a fighting game. You fight with different computer players by punching and kicking. It registers what type of punch you are doing as it takes different ones when you are different distances from the person to beat them. It definitely makes me sweat because you are boxing non-stop. I just got a HRM so I'm curious to find out how many calories I actually burn playing it.
  • dstrbdangel
    Options
    we have kinect.I HATED biggest loser and just traded the game in.the laying down exercises the kinect had issues picking up movements and it just didnt suit me.We have kinect fitness,it counts calories for you and kinect adventures which i love :)
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I do the workout game on there (I can't remember the name for the life of me - active something or other). The dance game was fun on demo mode, but I've got DDR on wii and gamecube (ha!) and so I figure I can use those for dancing type things. But I love playing the demo :)
  • themurph8910
    themurph8910 Posts: 124
    Options
    I Love our Kinect. We have Your Shape and Dance Central, we also just got UFC trainer its still in the package might have to break that out this week and check it out.
  • michaelynj
    michaelynj Posts: 29
    Options
    The Biggest Loser is not a bad game, the only thing i hate about it is that sometimes it can be a little buggy at time and won't register your reps. I play it everyday and it beats going to a gym. I still have UFC and Dance central wrapped up.
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    If you really want a workout with the Kinect, I highly suggest Zumba and the UFC Personal Trainer. :)
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I love working out my on kinect :D I've started doing 20-30 minutes a day, it's fun too, so the time flies by