Anyone know of a 100% soy free protein powder?

Options
ebgbjo
ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
Not having any luck finding 100% soy free protein powders. Can someone who has had some give me some suggestions please? (preferably one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg) Thank you very much

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Whey and casein protein powders shouldn't have soy in them. I know my Bluebonnet whey powder doesn't have any soy. It's 100% natural, non-GMO and doesn't use artificial sweeteners, so it's a little more expensive. You'll just have to look at labels. Ones that are more expensive will be made with higher quality ingredients and shouldn't have filler proteins.
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Vega products are soy free. They are really good.
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    rice protein
    hemp protein
    pumpkin seed protein
    Raw Meal by Garden of Life....

my new favorite: Acai Berry Blast by Rainbow Light. Protein I keep at my desk at work.
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Vega products which were designed by Brandan Brazier. I use a half serving of their Vega Health Optimizer - Natural powder each morning in a smoothie.

Here is a description of the protein powder:

Formulated by Brendan Brazier, professional Ironman triathlete and bestselling author on performance nutrition, Vega Sport Performance Protein provides a complete array of key performance enhancing benefits to help you:

•improve performance
    •increase muscle synthesis and strength
    •reduce inflammation
    •enhance recovery

All ingredients in Vega Sport Performance Protein are purpose-driven and complementary, each playing an important individual role in enhancing a specific aspect of performance. Yet, when combined, the ingredients work synergistically to boost performance more significantly than the sum of the individual parts.

Free of common allergens including gluten, dairy and soy and containing over 85% organic ingredients, Vega Sport Performance Protein will help take you and your athletic achievements to the next level, safely and naturally.

Link:
    http://shop.sequelnaturals.com/sequel-estore-us/Performance_2/sport_performance_protein_USD_tub_vanilla
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Whey and casein protein powders shouldn't have soy in them. I know my Bluebonnet whey powder doesn't have any soy. It's 100% natural, non-GMO and doesn't use artificial sweeteners, so it's a little more expensive. You'll just have to look at labels. Ones that are more expensive will be made with higher quality ingredients and shouldn't have filler proteins.

Actually, a lot of the whey proteins do have soy as they have lecithin in them (used as a thickener) and when it doesnt state . So hard finding a whey without it (

Hemp and pumpkin protein?! Wow- never thought those even existed! Thank you for the suggestions-
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    You can also google egg white protein powder. I am supposed to stay away from soy, and whey protein gives me some wicked digestive issues. I have a small tub of the dried egg whites that I use in smoothies occasionally.
  • siouxsie212
    Options
    In case you were unaware, anything certified organic has to be non-GMO. (I'm soy-free as well).
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Are you allergic to Soy?
  • emmalene1984
    emmalene1984 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    there are loads, rice, hemp pea, whey, all sorts, have a look at myprotein.com they do the brown rice powder, but apparently its like drinking sand, i have never tried it but my other half took this for a while whilst he was laying off the soya produce, he also says that whey protein powder is the most common and can be bought from almost anywhere and supposedly tastes the closests to drinking a milkshake because it is basically milk protein. cue 'little miss muffet, sat on a tuffet, eating her curds and whey..'

good luck :-)