Rewards after goals reached...

Options

Replies

• Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I don't 'reward' myself. I don't think I should 'treat' myself for getting myself out of the mess I am responsible for putting my own self in, in the first place.

But I am not knocking anyone who does!! I am sure for some it could be a great motivational boost!
    Great post, couldn't say it better myself - so I'll just quote you and shaddup. :wink:
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    This is my reward to myself, a photo session!!!

http://www.shamelessphoto.com/index2.php#/gallery_sec1/

I plan to do this too, but here in my state of course!!! :bigsmile: :blushing: :bigsmile:
  • slim_photographer
    slim_photographer Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I think I'll buy me a complete real madrid uniform. You see white everything does not favor overweight people and their uniform is all white so I figured that's what I'm buying for myself and I'll use it everywhere, on my bike, to run, to play soccer of course, etc. They tend to be kinda pricey too so it'd be a nice reward from the monetary stand point and for being able to get in it and look good.
    adidas-real-madrid-kit-2011-2012-06.jpg
  • chelraeb
    chelraeb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I want to do something nice for myself every 10 pounds. Things I've always wanted but have never done...
    10 ~ a pedicure/manicure (only a half a pound away)
    20 ~ a facial
    30 ~ a massage
    40 ~ a "promise" ring (a promise to myself... to love myself)
    50 ~ a big ol' butterfly tattoo on my back
    60 ~ NEW CLOTHES!
  • CatClark
    CatClark Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I look to hit a goal each month - I find it keeps me motivated and makes the whole process seem less overwhelming. I'm hoping to be at my ideal weight towards the end of October, ready for a work trip to NYC in November, so my targets (physical & mental) and rewards look like this :)

22nd July
    + down by another 8lbs
    + target weight - 166lbs
    + feel fitter, see inch loss from exercise
    + reward: buy some new glasses!

19th August
    + down by another 8lbs
    + target weight - 158 lbs
    + feel happy in swimsuit on holiday
    + reward: lovely break in Devon with boyfriend :)

16th September
    + down by another 8lbs
    + target weight - 150 lbs
    + feel more energetic, start new exercise class
    + reward: Trip to the Bath Thermae Spa

14th October
    + down by another 8lb
    + target weight - 142lbs
    + be running regularly (and enjoying it!)
    + reward: go shopping for new NYC wardrobe!

14th October onwards
    + last 4 lbs
    + hit goal weight of 140!
    + keep running
    + reward: be the shape and weight you always wanted to be!
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options
    My biggest reward will be buying new clothes as my old ones stop fitting :) I'm kind of out of rewards from the last time I set out to lose weight, since they were all piercings and now I have 8 and I'm running out of hiding places lol!
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    some of my big goal rewards are in my signature but ive just recently decided to reward my self with small things weekly if i meet all my exercise and water intake goals not sure what these will be yet working on them now
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I don't have any rewards - just being smaller is a huge reward for me. I did buy some new clothes when I had lost 17# and went from 162 down to 145# -- now I regret that decision because the smaller clothes only fit for a few weeks and now I have to buy new clothes again. My best advice for ½ way to your goal is a consignment shop or used clothing store. I spent way too much money on my new clothes that don't fit anymore! I plan on having a garage sale and getting rid of everything that doesn't fit so I dont' have any big clothes to fall back on 'just in case'. Good luck on your journey!
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I'm getting my first (tiny) tattoo at my half way goal and a pair of Louboutins for my big goal!

i have a pavlovian drool reaction at the mention of louboutins:blushing:
  • garrettnicole92
    Options
    Well, I'll reach my UGW about the time that school is getting ready to start back ... so I'm going shopping. (: Haha.

I made an agreement with myself too, that when my phone contract runs out in December, I'll buy myself an iPhone if I've kept the weight off being back at school + ran the two 5k's that I'm planning on doing.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    For completing P90x (I'm entering 3rd phase today), I will be rewarding myself with a new panty/bra set- a nice one.

I will also be participating in the Warrior Dash in my area in November. I plan to start the c25k after p90x so that will be the reward for completing that program.

And once I reach my ultimate goal, I will probably reward myself with a big tattoo. :bigsmile:
  • eksb
    eksb Posts: 93
    Options
    So far, my reward has just been to get to my goal weights (162-pre babies, 154-healthy BMI, 140-ending goal) but I am really looking forward to reaching my end goal so I can go get all my fancy pants tailored. I've never been able to wear them because I had never been to a tailor and they needed to be hemmed. Then, they got too tight and now they're too loose. I think it's important to have something to look forward to, be it internal satisfaction or something tangible.
  • alarmmanIII
    Options
    when my husband and I each lose 50 lbs, we decided we will reward ourselves with a vacation, just the two of us... maybe take the honeymoon we never had!!
  • eamconnor
    eamconnor Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    There are some nicer clothes that I tell myself I'll get when I get to my goal weight but, they're not really my "reward", they're just clothes that I need. I've thought about what I'd do to celebrate but, when I think about it, I've already been rewarded. I'm able to surf with my son. I can swim and play with my grandchildren for more than just a few minutes at a time. I'm not embarrassed to take my shirt off at the beach or pool and the list goes on. There are some hikes that I'd like to do that are not local for me so I think I'm going to take a road trip and do some hiking to celebrate.

That. Right. There. Yes.
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    So I was just curious what everyones rewards were going to be when they reached their goals. Maybe you have already reached it and would like to share your reward. I'm going to buy myself a new wardrobe when I get halfway to my goal. I am so excited!

Whoa, a new wardrobe when you're halfway!? Do you mean... a literal wardrobe (the piece of furniture that holds clothes) or all new clothes?

I am doing my very best to hold off on buying new clothes until i hit my final goal. A few trips to the thrift store, I just hate the idea of buying a bunch of clothes I'll only wear for a couple months.

More along the lines of a few new shirts and a couple pairs of pants that actually fit. lol
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    There are some nicer clothes that I tell myself I'll get when I get to my goal weight but, they're not really my "reward", they're just clothes that I need. I've thought about what I'd do to celebrate but, when I think about it, I've already been rewarded. I'm able to surf with my son. I can swim and play with my grandchildren for more than just a few minutes at a time. I'm not embarrassed to take my shirt off at the beach or pool and the list goes on. There are some hikes that I'd like to do that are not local for me so I think I'm going to take a road trip and do some hiking to celebrate.

That. Right. There. Yes.

This is all so true. When I get to my ultimate goal weight that will be the biggest reward I could recieve. :happy:
  • Success41
    Success41 Posts: 44
    Options
    @chelraeb I really like that list..I love the promise ring :)
  • Annie5859
    Annie5859 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    A nice bra from Victoria Secrets and an expensive pair of jeans.
  • lauram1153
    lauram1153 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi great list and i like the idea. personally i have tried to loose weight before and wrote down all my goals and rewards so i think this time my first goal is to get to the end of week one when i get on the scales hopefully the weight lose will be a reward lol xx weighing in on sat morning so lets wait and see though everybodys rewards do sound good x
  • chelraeb
    chelraeb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    @chelraeb I really like that list..I love the promise ring :)

Thanks! I've had a picture of this ring in my head for quite some time. I think it would be a great reminder of what I accomplish.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!